XTR

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Yolo arrived today :jamon: Almost exactly 10 weeks from date of order. Never saw a Moonstone before, but took a chance on it based on the love it gets on here. I must say, the board is a beaut and I can’t wait to ride it! This is also my first XTR so interested to see how it feels under foot.

Album Moonstone 6’2 x 19.5 x 2.4

I was a little worried about how thick the rails would come out, but they feel perfect, nice and foiled.

Attachments

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Most my Album XTR's was just written on the bottom of the board from Matt above tail area. My last MS though had a fancy Album lam for dims above their logo though.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The remark that XTR cannot do anything off the menu makes me think XTR scrubs the blanks, not MP.

outline for XTR boards has been a little different from the pu/pe and varials, iirc.

Reactions: oeste858 and jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The remark that XTR cannot do anything off the menu makes me think XTR scrubs the blanks, not MP.

outline for XTR boards has been a little different from the pu/pe and varials, iirc.
I'd be willing to bet XTR does the scrubbing on these.

Matt told me he doesn't like shaping XTR foam so they have a deal where XTR does only stock boards.

Reactions: oeste858 and sdsrfr

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I think it might of changed over time. Over the past few years i've had a number of his boards through xtr. A modified Townsend with a diamond tail wasn't a prob than. They were all signed with written dims on the blank which I assumed was Matt. I remember xtr mentioning Matt bringing boards by and sometimes working onsite. Made sense being so close. Tried to get a winged insanity a few months back and Matt mentioned he couldn't do it through xtr now. Just basic models because of his current licensing deal with them. He also mentioned the same thing about not liking to deal with their foam. Than my most recent Album came in with an album lam for the dims, no sig.

Reactions: jkb

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
when I asked about Varial and xtr back in 2020, he enthusiastically pushed me towards Varial and gave a polite no comment about xtr.

the varials gave the dims lam now, too. my first one back in 2020 has the hand written dims and sig.

my really old pu/pe lightbender had sharpie dims. Lol.

I figure the guy is using ghost scrubbers at this point. i would be.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Been drooling over that one on Insta. Have you had a stringerless xtr before? Curious how it feels.
First XTR for me and it's been a long time since I've had a stringerless board.
Talked to Shey when I placed my order and after hashing out what I was wanted out of the board
and factoring in my dims (5'7", 147 lbs), he was sure xtr10 stringerless with 4+6 deck and 4 bottom was the way to go.
Looking forward to summer graveler days when I can put it thru the paces. I'll post up a report when I get it wet.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Dang, good to know on ALBUM/XTR not doing true customs anymore. Both mine are model variants -- modified ledge, and punksanity. Absolutely love my XTRs, but will likely be my last album if I can't get weird with it. I don't trust stringerless boards at my size, and can't logically buy a cnc shaped pu shorty with average glass for $1200+. Some of the Aipas I've seen on xtr's instagram have been very intriguing..

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Dang, good to know on ALBUM/XTR not doing true customs anymore. Both mine are model variants -- modified ledge, and punksanity. Absolutely love my XTRs, but will likely be my last album if I can't get weird with it. I don't trust stringerless boards at my size, and can't logically buy a cnc shaped pu shorty with average glass for $1200+. Some of the Aipas I've seen on xtr's instagram have been very intriguing..
Matt will do custom stringered EPS builds too.

I haven't personally tried one, so I'm not sure how they turn out.

Reactions: chilly1