XTR

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Nice bort Aruka! Did you ask for light grey? That's a lighter version of the color of my Pyzel Astro Pop I got through XTR and I asked for medium grey.

I wonder if it's the epoxy brightener they use? When I ordered a grey board through Varial and mentioned my concerns that metamerism may make it look purple in sunlight, they said they'd not use the brightener and voila! my first grey epoxy bort.
Its just white. XTR 10.

8.0 which feels perfect. I like the extra wieght which feels about like a 444 poly.

I was a little worried about the volume and narrow nose when this one arrived. It feels thinner than my i72 but I could be mistaken. Didn't have any trouble catching waves and getting my wiggle on in some soft nipple high reef waves. For not having ridden a shortboard in like 4 months it didnt take me too long to figure it out and get a flow going.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I picked this up the other day. Easter egg color in pics is a more normal green in person. The deck color is blotchy so id say amateur spray job but Ill deal. QC on rest of it looks fine. I doubled checked hard edges, etc due to this thread way more than I would picking up from my normal shapers. 6'0" stock dims

Attachments

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I picked this up the other day. Easter egg color in pics is a more normal green in person. The deck color is blotchy so id say amateur spray job but Ill deal. QC on rest of it looks fine. I doubled checked hard edges, etc due to this thread way more than I would picking up from my normal shapers. 6'0" stock dims
Nice one. please share a ride report soon.

Man, their grey is getting closer and closer

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
which of the "10" constructions would feel most like a stock poly? Just the regular 10? 10c?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
XTR10 feels pretty stiff. Ordered 8c stringered. Showed up 10 and close to inch longer then ordered.
Couple surfs on it and the magic is not there Think I hate it.
Also blue grey=purple in the sun. Literally different color than when I unpacked it.
BULK UP

an inch longer though?

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
XTR10 feels pretty stiff. Ordered 8c stringered. Showed up 10 and close to inch longer then ordered.
Couple surfs on it and the magic is not there Think I hate it.
Also blue grey=purple in the sun. Literally different color than when I unpacked it.
I prefer .c over .0 but its all personal preference. It feels a little lighter and gives a little more on the deck. I have a friend that prefers .0 though and thinks it feels a more settled on bigger days. Which it probably does a little. Sounds like they messed up the order though. Try chatting with them and see what they can do.

Reactions: Aruka and emmohl80
Jun 21, 2021
Nah I'm 6'3x185 plus rubber. Flex value is 2 with standard stringer.
Ordered an inch longer then my magic 6'1 for winter.
Board came out at 6' 2.75"
Flex value 2 is pretty stiff in my opinion. Ordered a stringered 8.C a while ago. Super light but way to stiff (for me). Went for the same board in SL-C (stringer less carbon) 8.C and was a winner (Flex value 6). I have an 10.C in SL-C on order. When I have it in house I'll report my feedback.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
I prefer .c over .0 but its all personal preference. It feels a little lighter and gives a little more on the deck. I have a friend that prefers .0 though and thinks it feels a more settled on bigger days. Which it probably does a little. Sounds like they messed up the order though. Try chatting with them and see what they can do.
Yeah I gave them a shout.
Measure from deck and bottom:shrug:
Measured after I noticed they put 6' 2.75 " on the dims.
Flex value 2 is pretty stiff in my opinion. Ordered a stringered 8.C a while ago. Super light but way to stiff (for me). Went for the same board in SL-C (stringer less carbon) 8.C and was a winner (Flex value 6). I have an 10.C in SL-C on order. When I have it in house I'll report my feedback.
Honestly never went over the flex value. Just ordered 8c stringered off what I read here.