XTR

Sep 4, 2019
Looking to make my first XTR order for a Lost Rocket Redux. I've read the entire thread and it seems that Lost is the slowest by far on shaping the foam. Has anyone ordered a Lost XTR in the last year or so? What is a realistic timeline?

Also, any construction recomendations for an intermediate at 6'3, 225-230 lbs? Stringered with 8.0? Is the new 10.0 stronger?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: manel85 and JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Looking to make my first XTR order for a Lost Rocket Redux. I've read the entire thread and it seems that Lost is the slowest by far on shaping the foam. Has anyone ordered a Lost XTR in the last year or so? What is a realistic timeline?

Also, any construction recomendations for an intermediate at 6'3, 225-230 lbs? Stringered with 8.0? Is the new 10.0 stronger?

Thanks in advance.
I ordered a Lost through xtr several years back and it wasn’t particularly slow. You should call xtr and ask. Xtr is one of the best ways to order a lost custom IMO. Lost finishes shapes the blank but xtr takes care of the rest, including cutting.

Sep 4, 2019
I ordered a Lost through xtr several years back and it wasn’t particularly slow. You should call xtr and ask. Xtr is one of the best ways to order a lost custom IMO. Lost finishes shapes the blank but xtr takes care of the rest, including cutting.
Thank you for that feedback! That is great to hear. I have enjoyed all my Lost boards, but really want to try the feel and durability of the XTR.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

Thanks in advance.
I would go stringered 8.0 at your weight. I just got my first 8.0 after many 8.C's and I like the extra weight. It's still quite a bit lighter than a PU with 646 glass.

Hard to guess at a timeline because it all depends on Lost. Most of my XTR's have been completed in 8-10 weeks. I can't remember how long the Lost Driver took but I don't think it was excessive.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019

Thanks in advance.
i think stringered 8.0 is good for your height and weight too. Plus the price is reasonable with good durability. Hope you like it.

Reactions: AndyB3 and JDJ

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020

Thanks in advance.
i am 6'0 215ish and have been riding the same 8.0 stringered rocket redux in dims 6’0 X 21.5 X 2.75 38.8 L for the last 2 years great board. Its probably my "daily driver" for waist to head plus (reef breaks). on the catalyst surf website they have a custom board builder where you can play with dims on different models. i have a 8.0 PC puddle jumper too that has better flex, if i was to order another XTR i'd probably get a PC or SLC they feel really good.

Reactions: Aruka

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I got my GMM2 with a stringer glasses 6x44. Weight feels similar to fresh poly.

I would not recommend going stringerless at your weight unless your love a flexy board and are not concerned about breaking it

Reactions: AndyB3
Sep 4, 2019
Thank you all for the feedback and advice. I defiitely want the durability and longevity as this will be my good wave board for those good storm swell days in FL and my travel board. Sounds like Stringer and 8.0 is the way to go!

HotCheetos thank you for the info about the board builder on Catalyst. I am wanting to go 6'6 in length and around 45-46 liters. Basically if the stock wide dims included a 6'6 model. They stop at 6'4 so I just want what the next set of dims would be.

Reactions: Aruka

Thanks in advance.
Hey man,

I'm also a bigger dude on the East Coast and I have ordered two 45L boards from XTR. I went stringer less, and the one with the most surfs on (about 40 waves in it) only has a very small pressure mark from a duck dive (knee hit). Compared to another high quality product (a 6+4oz S cloth Proctor MonstaChief) the XTRs seem more solid.
I have a 8.0 and 10.0 and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019
Hey man,

I'm also a bigger dude on the East Coast and I have ordered two 45L boards from XTR. I went stringer less, and the one with the most surfs on (about 40 waves in it) only has a very small pressure mark from a duck dive (knee hit). Compared to another high quality product (a 6+4oz S cloth Proctor MonstaChief) the XTRs seem more solid.
I have a 8.0 and 10.0 and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

Hey thank you for the info! I called today and spoke to Shay. He said 8 weeks was pretty reasonable right now for a custom Lost model and all the orders would now have the 10.0 foam. He also recommended I go 8.0 for the glass at my weight. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger and submitted an order for the Rocket Redux at 6'6 X 22 1/4 X 2 7/8, Stringer with carbon tail patch and the 8.0 glass. Plus the SMR100 code still works!

I will report back completion timeline incase others are curious what Lost board eta's end up being.

Thanks again to all for the help.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
The 5’8 RNF got sold but because of my bad choices. I thought the RNF was going to be a cruisey fun fish. As we covered here, it pretty much handles everything. So I’m on a 5’6 PU now. It’s held up pretty well. But when it goes it will be replaced with a properly sized XTR.

ton of overlap between the two, just different feels. disco feels like an easy to ride short board, RNF feels like an uber high performance fish. More about what you personally like your boards to feel like. Will say I think the DC has more upper end. Rocker, plus longer rail line, plus deep single all the way through and almost a round tail it’s so pulled in….just more confidence inspiring than the RNF at 6ft (note that’s socal 6ft, not real waves 6ft). so not a lot of logic on which board I grab any given day. You don’t need both. But if you have no kids and your wife makes more than you, get both. Great boards!