XTR

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
I did not, I completed the order 3 weeks ago (premium service, going on a trip tonight) and the board was ready this past Wed. Fair to assume all orders done around or after should be XTR 10, I just received it faster than most. My order # was 7735.
Did you pick a construction or just left it up to them?
I have an order in with them with 8.c
Hope they're not getting all willy nilly with the new build

Whoa, is that a 9'6" with a normal tailpad or a 6'9" with a tailpad for ants? Haven't seen that pad before, kinda cool actually. Especially on the Black Beauty a full tailpad seems like blasphemy
Haha, I pondered for weeks if I should put a tail pad on such a board ... The conclusion I reached was that I will be saving that tail block for all the laybacks I'll never do.

The tail block in question is the following:

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Anyone dealt with an XTR that was shipped to them but in wrong dims? How did they handle it? GMM2 came in 3/4"+ wider than ordered.
i imagine they will offer a discount for you to keep it or have you ship it back and put it for sale in their shop. Weird it would of made it that far without anybody noticing the dims didn't match unless they typed it up wrong on the order card as well.

Reactions: ReForest

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Anyone dealt with an XTR that was shipped to them but in wrong dims? How did they handle it? GMM2 came in 3/4"+ wider than ordered.
That just sucks, but I'm betting they'll be good to you. What dims did they send you versus ordered?

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
i imagine they will offer a discount for you to keep it or have you ship it back and put it for sale in their shop. Weird it would of made it that far without anybody noticing the dims didn't match unless they typed it up wrong on the order card as well.
The dims arent written very dark, and with the blue color, they're impossible to read.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The dims arent written very dark, and with the blue color, they're impossible to read.
I've had wrong dims written on the board, but the correct dims on the actual shape. I remember I ordered an El Tomo (2 versions before my current one) and I changed the width at the last minute. The shape came out right, but it had the wrong dims. I asked Shey to measure it and sure enough it was the right dims.

Maybe go to a surf shop and have them double check it.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I've had wrong dims written on the board, but the correct dims on the actual shape. I remember I ordered an El Tomo (2 versions before my current one) and I changed the width at the last minute. The shape came out right, but it had the wrong dims. I asked Shey to measure it and sure enough it was the right dims.

12" from nose and tail width deck side and then find widest point around middle. Pretty easy to eye width rails with measuring tape as well:shrug:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ

Well I said I cant read the dims, so obviously I measured it.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Bummer, Steve. Had a similar situation with a (used to be) erBB regular shaper, but it was a full inch narrower than what was ordered. The board was re-shaped after some grumbling from the shaper, as you’d expect. If you have documentation of your requested dims, seems they’d do the same. With that said, I know you’ve been upping dims, so maybe the biggun will be money (after a discount)!?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Bummer, Steve. Had a similar situation with a (used to be) erBB regular shaper, but it was a full inch narrower than what was ordered. The board was re-shaped after some grumbling from the shaper, as you’d expect. If you have documentation of your requested dims, seems they’d do the same. With that said, I know you’ve been upping dims, so maybe the biggun will be money (after a discount)!?
If not, let me know once you ship it back to XTR and maybe I’ll grab it off the stoke rack. LOL

That’s really disappointing the dims were off tho.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Have to ship it back on their dime, and they'll remake it. Shey says they put the correct dims in the CNC, so odd that it came out that way. It's also a 1/2" shorter, which I dont care about, but again, odd given CNC shaped.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Have to ship it back on their dime, and they'll remake it. Shey says they put the correct dims in the CNC, so odd that it came out that way. It's also a 1/2" shorter, which I dont care about, but again, odd given CNC shaped.
Sounds like your shaped blank got switched out with another customers in error. On their order status there are a lot of similar sized/same model going to various people at 1 time