XTR

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
It's probably a stock board because someone (rightfully) rejected it when they came in to pick up their custom order.
I agree with JKB on this one.

I'd also like to add that some of the those boards are custom orders from Japan and they do change some of the fin positioning for the Japan orders... but i cant imagine them asking for that? I doubt Tomo would have approved that type of fin positing for that model.

@Jamby if it's your dims, maybe ask for a big discount and then pay to have new fin boxes installed. That board goes better as a thruster anyways. lol.

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
@Jamby if it's your dims, maybe ask for a big discount and then pay to have new fin boxes installed. That board goes better as a thruster anyways. lol.
Meh.... unless there is some specific reason the fin cluster is like that, it shouldn't even be up for sale. One would need to know if it's the front boxes, or the rear ones, that are out of place, and it would be silly to have two fin boxes that are useless. I actually liked the dedicated quad setup. I was super close to ordering it.

Reactions: ReForest
Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
So I stumbled upon something interesting while posting one of my boars up on CL. If you watch 1:24 in this video, you will see Biolos explain how he put the quad fins in a tighter cluster to mimic more of a twin fin feel. Keep watching and you will see the fin placement. at 1:36. Now I'm curious. Comments?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So I stumbled upon something interesting while posting one of my boars up on CL. If you watch 1:24 in this video, you will see Biolos explain how he put the quad fins in a tighter cluster to mimic more of a twin fin feel. Keep watching and you will see the fin placement. at 1:36. Now I'm curious. Comments?
I recently ordered a 5150 from Stretch and wanted twin set up and Dylan told me about a set up Miky Picon and Dylan Graves used with twin fronts and quad backs with rear quads moved up around 1" closer to fronts. I went for it and feels really nice with twin drive and quad control nice balance for a small to medium size wave board.

Reactions: Jamby

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Just placed an order for a Maurice cole shiva with a pintail instead of wide round.

6’6x20.75x2.8.

5 fin set up with green marble spray top and bottom.

standard wood stringer and 8.0 glassing.

should be 4-6 weeks but maybe faster when I called. They said Maurice works up the file and then they do the board fully in house with a MC approved shaper.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've wanted a Lost RNF '96 since, well 96. I watched 5'5 x 19 1/4 more than any other video in my life.
Guessing parallel carbon, might add some color.

Or do I get the Javier model that's very similar, but with a wing and a concave deck?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've wanted a Lost RNF '96 since, well 96. I watched 5'5 x 19 1/4 more than any other video in my life.
Guessing parallel carbon, might add some color.

Or do I get the Javier model that's very similar, but with a wing and a concave deck?
no. get the real thing.

was looking at another sharpeye. maybe a round tail if72. gonna sleep on it.