casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

No more Tomo! A few stock models still up for grabs though.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

No more Tomo! A few stock models still up for grabs though.
What goin on with the DIY smurfmobile? Any new coats of paint over the weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
That's one ugly-ass board you got there Frosty :D
Kinda makes me think of the whole "Madonna" debacle. That woman had too much sh!t done / maybe changed her mind on a direction and now she's f*cked

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest and Havoc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@frontsidegrab There is a place for them in the quiver. Although I do prefer a rounded nose.

Now that all customs are through Tomo in AUS it shouldn't be a problem to get any of his models with a round nose. The previous XTR models were not able to be changed from their original file at all (another benefit to having him to everything in house).

Oct 20, 2021
That townsend looks like so much fun. How much did shipping and customs run ya if you don't mind sharing
Sorry I haven't responded sooner but was busy and forgot my password as well to logon.

Also thats a hard question to answer because it depends on where you live. I assume somewhere in BC Canada. I can answer if you live in, or can pick up the boards, in Vancouver or Victoria.

I have ordered boards twice from the USA. Once from Roberts surfboards years ago and now most recently through XTR.

Having the manufacturer ship the boards across the boarder through a carrier like UPS/FedEx is prohibitively expensive (for me at least) as the carrier charges a handling fee to get the packages through customs and pay all the taxes (GST) and duties (if required). To avoid this, both times I used a border postal service just across the border in the USA.

For the Roberts boards I had them shipped to "At the Border Mail" in Blaine, literally steps over the border crossing. They seem to be closed now permanently due to pandemic but there are other companies like bodermailbox.com (also seem to be closing soon). I just drove over the border and picked them up and brought them back. When you come back over the CDN border you will pay your sales taxes at customs. There are no custom duties to be paid on boards made in the USA - so its just the sales tax you pay. (this company seems to be functioning still https://www.blaineshippingreceiving.com/)

For XTR I used another company also in Blaine. https://www.seawings.ca/. They ship the boards from Blaine to Victoria airport. You pick them up at a small office to the right of the airport. Before you get the package they send you to customs in the airport to pay the sales tax. Again there shouldnt be custom duties on boards made in the USA. This was much better method than going over the border and picking them up because I live on the island now so more convenient and I dont know the pandemic rules for entering USA right now and also last time I went over the border in Blaine they searched my car lol.

The cost of this service was only $18 CDN for two boards that weighed nearly 30lbs in total with the packaging I believe.

XTR only charged $50US per board. Anything longer than the 6'10" Townsman would have cost extra to ship (and extra for XTR to manufacture).

XTR had the best shipping quotes by far of the companies I looked in to. Rusty was around $100US and some other place was nearly $200US but their boards were cheaper so it was almost the same in total.

Overall the prices ordering through XTR including shipping and currency conversion were about the same as ordering a short board through a local shop. However the 6'10" Townsman through XTR probably worked out a lot cheaper. As Album sells them for $1300 USD (or so) with no colour and I probably got it for the same price as a short board in Canada around $1100 to $1200 CDN.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That's one ugly-ass board you got there Frosty :D
Kinda makes me think of the whole "Madonna" debacle. That woman had too much sh!t done / maybe changed her mind on a direction and now she's f*cked

What you think Waxy? @waxfoot
I sanded everything off, put on a new traction, and just did blue paint on the rail, with an orange and black pinline. Has madonna corrected her mistakes and is now back to being sexy AF??

IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpg