XTR

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Just got the email my PUNKsanity w/ color is being picked up by FedEx today! I hit submit on my order on 11/8 so that'll be 7 weeks and 2 days from start to finish. Weeeeeee!!!
Sounds cool! What does this look like? Can you please share the dimensions?

Reactions: JDJ

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Sounds cool! What does this look like? Can you please share the dimensions?
Like this!

5'11x 20.5 x 2.63 punksanity (same dims as the 6'5" pink ledge )

I was hoping for a squished down version of my ledge to be more maneuverable and I think I got just that. Lots of double and vee in this baby. It feels like it's gonna be awesome.

The only thing a lil off is the rail channels I ordered aren't very defined compared to my pinky and the stretches I had in the past. The rail channels aren't really deep and really are kinda more like a step. This makes the deck pretty flat and thins the rail out some. But not really much of a rail channel/grip. 100% stoked otherwise. Ordered 11/8 and to my door on the EC today!

Attachments

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
that don't seem right

happens to pu boards to a much lesser degree sometimes when they impact, it's not normal and you should have them look into it

Jul 4, 2021
Thanks much! Will get in contact with XTR and see what they think. The board's a dream otherwise, hope it doesn't have a short shelf life :(

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Hey Forest, don't you have a Revo that is about due or overdue at this point? I've been looking forward to that photos of that and ride report.
Its done but I haven't pick it up yet. I might pick it up this weekend. We have some W Swell on the way next week so it might be good timing.

Reactions: MrCrash and SD_Dan
Jul 4, 2021
That looks like someone over sanded it. Maybe a little hot coat and will be good as new?? :unsure:
If it was over sanded it would have shown up this way right? This was after a few outings, took off the cool wax to put on winter wax and noticed it. So maybe new is a bit of a misnomer.

Brand new it did not have the discoloration. I’m also seeing some of this near the rear finbox and rail. If it’s just cosmetic I don’t mind too much, we will see what XTR says

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Just to add in the other discoloration spot. I’m beginning to think it’s not delaminating but rather something else, which would be good news
Both of those photos look like over sanding. I think you just have to sand it down and applying some hot coat, but you don't want to affect the color. I'm curious to hear what XTR says about it.

Reactions: XTRGhostPlz
Jul 4, 2021
that's not a sand thru, it's traction for your front foot
That’s what my initial thoughts were as well, but there’s no pressure dent or spider cracks. So I got spooked . In any case, if they tell me I need to go get it repaired, I’ll go down to my shop with their instructions.

I’ve never had a colored board before, and it shows lol

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Welp, this isn't a sand-through.
Board is like 1yr old.

I really, really don't want to repair this myself, and advice to "just ride it" from my repair guy prior to the crack extending over the rail hasn't served me well.

Take it to xtr? Go back to my guy? Do it myself? Keep riding it? Thoughts on manufacturing causes?

P.S. the crack from the box that extends over the rail formed after a single surf in small conditions. I'd like to believe I rip super hard, but let's just say my FS bottom turn is proficient, and leave it at that.

Attachments