XTR

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I stopped by XTR this afternoon after a meeting in that area. I asked Javier what construction he would recommend for a mini ghost. He said he likes PC for almost everything. He said it’s much more responsive than a stringer or SL-C (with the carbon down the center), and to think of it like a car with independent suspension when your board is on rail. I dunno. I’m still not buying it. LOL. I told him SL-C was my favorite I’ve tried. But they did have a PC hydroshort in the rack in my dims that was super light and kinda made me want to try it.

edit: I just built a SL-C mini ghost on their site and it’s callin me…
:unsure:
1638457730466.jpeg

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I stopped by XTR this afternoon after a meeting in that area. I asked Javier what construction he would recommend for a mini ghost. He said he likes PC for almost everything. He said it’s much more responsive than a stringer or SL-C (with the carbon down the center), and to think of it like a car with independent suspension when your board is on rail. I dunno. I’m still not buying it. LOL. I told him SL-C was my favorite I’ve tried. But they did have a PC hydroshort in the rack in my dims that was super light and kinda made me want to try it.

edit: I just built a SL-C mini ghost on their site and it’s callin me…
:unsure:
Shey told me he gets all his boards in PC now too.

• Wow
Reactions: Lohena and oeste858

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Javier sold me on the PC... twice! lol.

Both times i hated how it looked... but in hindsight, the parallel carbon El Tomo felt the best. The only reason i ordered one with a wooden stringer instead was because i didn't like the way it looked.

Im hoping the new SL-C layup feels just as good as the PC on my Revo.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

Both times i hated how it looked... but in hindsight, the parallel carbon El Tomo felt the best. The only reason i ordered one with a wooden stringer instead was because i didn't like the way it looked.

lookin forward to your ride report on the Revo.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014

Have you ever considered a 5'8 GMM2 in parallel carbon? Bit more length, good flex, could be the dream!

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
There's a used 5'9 XTR Tomo Nano at E.T. Surf in Hermosa in really good condition for $400. I posted some pics in the Tom MPH thread. I was there this evening doing some X-mas shopping for the kid.

Reactions: SD_Dan

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Stopped by XTR this morning to say hi and check on my Revo. It hasnt been glassed yet :cry:

But its understandable because i've never seen so many freakin boards in there in my life! Full rack of boards in the sanding room, full rack of boards ready to get glassed. About 3 or 4 racks ready to be QC'd... and about 3 or 4 racks of boards done and ready to be picked up. And a handfull of boxed boards ready for shipping. It was crazy! Super stoked for everyone there because during the pandemic i saw that place when it was pretty bare. Frothing on the Revo tho.... kinda wished I woulda went 5'4. The 5'3 looked small. lol.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Stopped by XTR this morning to say hi and check on my Revo. It hasnt been glassed yet :cry:

But its understandable because i've never seen so many freakin boards in there in my life! Full rack of boards in the sanding room, full rack of boards ready to get glassed. About 3 or 4 racks ready to be QC'd... and about 3 or 4 racks of boards done and ready to be picked up. And a handfull of boxed boards ready for shipping. It was crazy! Super stoked for everyone there because during the pandemic i saw that place when it was pretty bare. Frothing on the Revo tho.... kinda wished I woulda went 5'4. The 5'3 looked small. lol.
Thanks for the recon. I think I placed my Palsmic order about when you ordered your Revo so probably at similar stage of production. Given their workload plus the holidays I guess it might be a while before ready. Oh well. Guess it will be a Christmas or New Year time frame.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for the recon. I think I placed my Palsmic order about when you ordered your Revo so probably at similar stage of production. Given their workload plus the holidays I guess it might be a while before ready. Oh well. Guess it will be a Christmas or New Year time frame.
The guys there said about 2 weeks. There production line is top notch. They move pretty quick after its cut so maybe early the week before Christmas if we're lucky.

Next step is glass, then sand, then QC. Pato said if those boards were poly they would be done in a week. But because XTR oven cures and because of the epoxy, in general, the cure time is longer.

Reactions: SD_Dan

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
The guys there said about 2 weeks. There production line is top notch. They move pretty quick after its cut so maybe early the week before Christmas if we're lucky.

Next step is glass, then sand, then QC. Pato said if those boards were poly they would be done in a week. But because XTR oven cures and because of the epoxy, in general, the cure time is longer.
Right on. Good to know. Before Christmas would be awesome. I have another board I ordered back in July that I’m still waiting on so the XTR one will be fast by comparison.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Only one session on the PC but it felt really good. Perfect flex and springy out of turns. I think I like it better than Varial.
I might just order PC and spray paint the stripes full black so it looks like two vertical airbrush lines.
Im thinking the same thing. There is one with color that looks cool around the edge that looks pretty sick.

Attachments