XTR

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I just put in an Order for Tomo Revo in XTR. Went 5'3 x 18 1/2 x 2 5/16 x 25.5L.
The countdown begins.
:jamon:
Did you ask what the current lead time is? I forgot to do that, but still waiting on a non xtr board from a different shaper I ordered in July. So I will hopefully have that to play with soon.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
For the east coast guys (NJ), how much is delivery? Ever have any issues? Torn between a Hydroshort and the Mini-Ghost.
@obpmem Mini ghost looks sick!! Its actually a similar outline to a pintail hydroshort. I saw one at the Surfboard broker.
I would of course suggest the Hydroshort. The quad inside single concave is a super sick upgrade to any performance shortboard, so based on that I would go with the HS.

Reactions: obpmem

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
did you go stringered 8.C or stringerless/parallel carbon?

somewhere out there your GMM2 is bummed that you moved on so quickly to bigger and better Tomos :p
haha. Nah... Im sure @RattimusBeach is taking good care of it up north. I'm actually very curious to hear how he likes it.

I went with the new SL-C in 8.C for the Revo. It should look very similar to this (below). It has a full carbon strip on the bottom. Should have a perfect flex for a smaller board like this. Super stoked on it.

IMG_8302.jpg

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
haha. Nah... Im sure @RattimusBeach is taking good care of it up north. I'm actually very curious to hear how he likes it.

I went with the new SL-C in 8.C for the Revo. It should look very similar to this (below). It has a full carbon strip on the bottom. Should have a perfect flex for a smaller board like this. Super stoked on it.

View attachment 119125
oh ya that looks good. your stocked

i'm so close to putting in an order with xtr but my dilemma is mini ghost squash vs. revo
this month is my 1-year-sober from ordering a new board date, so i'm thinkin it's time to fall off the wagon :monkey:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
oh ya that looks good. your stocked

i'm so close to putting in an order with xtr but my dilemma is mini ghost squash vs. revo
this month is my 1-year-sober from ordering a new board date, so i'm thinkin it's time to fall off the wagon :monkey:
What are you riding now?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
My XTR Revo is still going strong after 2yrs. I don’t know anything about the Mini Ghost but the Revo is the most versatile board I’ve ever owned. Small mushy Orange County beach break, Hanalei Bay, 7 ft SF ocean beach. Just goes great in everything.

But that’s also it’s downside. It’s a very very solid B+ at everything. If you keep a small quiver you’ll use it all the time. If you usually have +5 boards, you probably have something slightly better for every condition.

so I don’t ride mine much at home but I haven’t been on a trip without it (On my second).

i decided on volume and then adjusted the dims so it was one inch longer than stock (my 5’8 is the 5’7 stock volume). I’m glad I did, think it just nudges it a little farther away from being an Evo.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
My XTR Revo is still going strong after 2yrs. I don’t know anything about the Mini Ghost but the Revo is the most versatile board I’ve ever owned. Small mushy Orange County beach break, Hanalei Bay, 7 ft SF ocean beach. Just goes great in everything.

But that’s also it’s downside. It’s a very very solid B+ at everything. If you keep a small quiver you’ll use it all the time. If you usually have +5 boards, you probably have something slightly better for every condition.

so I don’t ride mine much at home but I haven’t been on a trip without it (On my second).

i decided on volume and then adjusted the dims so it was one inch longer than stock (my 5’8 is the 5’7 stock volume). I’m glad I did, think it just nudges it a little farther away from being an Evo.
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? What size Evo did you ride before this one?

The Revo is one of the few Tomo's that I've never ridden. I've had a 5'0, 5'1, 5'2 and ridden a 5'3 evo as a demo.
All felt good, but it was always suggested by Dan to go small as possible on the Evo, however I liked the Evo as a 5'2 but the width was too wide at that size in stock.

The Revo appears to more like the outline of an Omni or Cymatic with a squash tail, so i'm thinking a 5'3 Revo is the way to go? :unsure:

I might be over thinking it, but isnt that what this erBB is all about? lol Sharing crazy thoughts about surfboards?

• Love
Reactions: Goodfish

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

versatile is good, downsizing the quiver is exactly what I'm trying to do

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
5'10 HS untitled
5'8 Bing cypress
5'6 RNF retro in 8.C
R. Blackbird when it's big

was thinking a 5'9 mini ghost or 5'7 revo, with dims slightly modified from stock
Oh man, I love the Untitled. I wish I could get one in XTR or Varial, that would be an insta-order

Reactions: Aardwolf and jkb

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Got my Twinsman in. Seems like everything is about right. I don't have calipers or anything but under the arm it feels like what I ordered. No complaints.

The sanding job wasn't fantastic, but not really bad either.

Got the 8.0 and it's definitely a touch on the heavy side for epoxy but still just feels about like normal PU. Deck feels diamond solid, like it won't be getting many pressure dents. Bought this as a travel board so I was willing to sacrifice some performance for durability.

Attachments

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
F, I love my GMM2.

Drove north and saw wild turkeys and deer.

Had a fun little session at a point north of town with just one other guy out. Everyone else congregated at one of the cracks in the cliff. Surfed just shy of an hour and then took off on a double up, pearled on the second drop, and my leash snapped. Loooooonnnnnngggg swim in, in which thoughts of Big Al serenaded in my head yet I laughed as I swam, then had to deal with the rocks inside just knowing the GMM2 was getting brutally deflowered. Almost battered my own self more than once. Came in wondering if I'd even find her after that swim. As I walked around the point, I spotted her sitting carefully & pristine on a small patch of sand between all the nasty rock outcroppings. Not even a snackle on the rail.

T'was a glorious morning.

Walking back found two clean ab shells shining with mother of pearl. Gave one to a kid looking for shells. Then saw a long decomposing whale on the beach, and was so happy I didn't notice that pre-session; I thought it was a huge tree that had washed ashore. Would've haired me out if I noticed it earlier. Then saw a friend whose friend with him apparently just ordered a GMM2.... 5'7", like mine. Solid choice. "Are you one of those guys on that message board?" Hahahaha. "Yeah, I am."

Who doesn't love this surfing life?

That GMM2 is magical on so many levels.

Edit: Used my new Isurus 3/3 zipless hooded suit. Amazing suit. Man this was a glorious morning to be alive.

Last edited:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Got my Twinsman in. Seems like everything is about right. I don't have calipers or anything but under the arm it feels like what I ordered. No complaints.

The sanding job wasn't fantastic, but not really bad either.

Got the 8.0 and it's definitely a touch on the heavy side for epoxy but still just feels about like normal PU. Deck feels diamond solid, like it won't be getting many pressure dents. Bought this as a travel board so I was willing to sacrifice some performance for durability.
Between the stretches you posted and this board...are stripes your trademark airbrush?