XTR

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The rocker feels great. Excellent small wave board.

FX2 construction feels amazing. Like a slightly stiffer FutureFlex / SuperFlex with the carbon rails. I think it's $185 on top of XTR base price though, I Don't think I could pull the trigger on that. It would put you around $1,000.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I've been curious about that FX2, I think I might really like the feel. But yeah, too expensive to justify and I've yet to see a used one come up. Nice to hear it rides well. I stopped in there the other day to check out the stock boards. Shey wasn't there, but the guy (he said he cut the blanks) was saying that FX2 construction was popular for the Japanese market but didn't really take off here. He also said the Japanese customers love the new parallel carbon builds too. Interestingly, they did NOT like the blue SL construction.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Any recent feedback on a ...Lost XTR wait time? I remember someone on here lamenting their long wait for a Mayhem while the rest of us were getting our Pyzel, CI's, etc. in the usual 6 weeks or so.
Aruka, I just received a Lost Quiver Killer. Yeah I got a bit screwed on the wait time. My wait was a little over two months, including FedEx to Oregon. The board must be magic as it has been a nightmare for the forecast. As you know it's been a bit whooly over there > 20ft every day and >20mph on shore winds. Shey at XTR was awesome to work with and the board turned out exactly as ordered. They are having tech difficulties with their 'order status' page but Shey was super responsive with updates.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Aruka, I just received a Lost Quiver Killer. Yeah I got a bit screwed on the wait time. My wait was a little over two months, including FedEx to Oregon. The board must be magic as it has been a nightmare for the forecast. As you know it's been a bit whooly over there > 20ft every day and >20mph on shore winds. Shey at XTR was awesome to work with and the board turned out exactly as ordered. They are having tech difficulties with their 'order status' page but Shey was super responsive with updates.
Cheers bud. That's not too terrible on wait times honestly. Better than Kool-Aid's 8 months wait direct from Lost.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Aren't they are fairly small people? 155 and under sounds like the japanese sweet spot to me
Yeah, generally smaller than Westerners, but that's changed in the last generations. I'm half-Japanese, and when I used to go over as a kid, it was rare to see a 6' man, but now more common among the under 30s. But smaller dudes could go plain white SL without the blue stripe. My guess is maybe they just didn't like the aesthetics of it. (I don't love it myself; my last one with light blue color hides it perfectly)

I hate to send you down this path, but it feels really good to me. Just came in from surfing it. Feels like you wind it up and then it releases over and over again. I'm 190 and the website says FX2 for UP TO 190. So could be different experience if you're lighter.
thanks a lot! now I guess I'll have to get one. wife gonna kill me

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Yeah, generally smaller than Westerners, but that's changed in the last generations. I'm half-Japanese, and when I used to go over as a kid, it was rare to see a 6' man, but now more common among the under 30s. But smaller dudes could go plain white SL without the blue stripe. My guess is maybe they just didn't like the aesthetics of it. (I don't love it myself; my last one with light blue color hides it perfectly)

thanks a lot! now I guess I'll have to get one. wife gonna kill me
That makes more sense.

I think if you wait until the boardroom show xtr runs a $100 dollar off sale then. Perhaps put the order off until then?

Reactions: jkb and Havoc

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
The rocker feels great. Excellent small wave board.

FX2 construction feels amazing. Like a slightly stiffer FutureFlex / SuperFlex with the carbon rails. I think it's $185 on top of XTR base price though, I Don't think I could pull the trigger on that. It would put you around $1,000.
This Sampler has a compressed version and - style - rocker of the Flyer of the 90's
Same setup made much more reasonable .

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I had an SP2 in FX-2, and it was a solid construction. A couple of times I did a down carve that felt full John John (but most definitely not), and it gave amazing pop on the release. I only sold it cos I felt limited by it’s length (5’6) and it liked a clean wave that I had other boards I preferred when it got good. I’d get FX-2 on my next step up order from them, although I’m currently on a Burch kick...

Reactions: jkb

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
some shapers' more current shapes aren't an option on the XTR website. I'm assuming you could just call/email them and ask for it?