XTR

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I agree, I feel like it's more of a socal DD (aka a solid low end). I rode mine in shoulder plus punchy beach break barrels, tiny beaches, head high slopey reefs with some steep sections without a problem.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
She's lookin good boys! She wasnt quiet done. She needed to be QC'd and add thermo-vents. I think i'm gonna pick her up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I was a little surprised at how wide the tail is?

Also the nose template is super cool. Not quite as rounded like an Evo but no sharp edges like a Vader. I dig it a lot!

View attachment 114891View attachment 114892
Whoa, I'd kill for one of those, that looks immense.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Lookin' good @ReForest ! I like the strigerless look.

Yes, the tail is absolutely supposed to be that wide. It's one of the reasons it grovels so well.
I probably would have never gotten this model if it wasn't for you insisting @jkb . I'm actually really interested in seeing how she goes! Curious about how the stringerless construction will feel too.

Question for you - should I put the tail pad on as far back as I can (since it has a wide tail) or line it up the same as I would normally? Reason i ask is because i noticed the fin cluster is a little higher off the tail that most of Tomo's other board (at least I think it is) so i dont want to put it too far back unless i have to. Kind of a random question but i thought it was worth asking.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I probably would have never gotten this model if it wasn't for you insisting @jkb . I'm actually really interested in seeing how she goes! Curious about how the stringerless construction will feel too.

Question for you - should I put the tail pad on as far back as I can (since it has a wide tail) or line it up the same as I would normally? Reason i ask is because i noticed the fin cluster is a little higher off the tail that most of Tomo's other board (at least I think it is) so i dont want to put it too far back unless i have to. Kind of a random question but i thought it was worth asking.
No tomo experience but wide tail si so score a wide tail pad. I like astro deck CF or dakine Bruce is nice.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
She's lookin good boys! She wasnt quiet done. She needed to be QC'd and add thermo-vents. I think i'm gonna pick her up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Also the nose template is super cool. Not quite as rounded like an Evo but no sharp edges like a Vader. I dig it a lot!

how'd the concave feel on it? Was it more subtle? Hard to tell by the photos.

Reactions: ReForest

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA

DT's signature huuuuge

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
how'd the concave feel on it? Was it more subtle? Hard to tell by the photos.
Pretty subtle. I was sliding my hand across it as I was talking to Jerry and I kept having to look down to and move the board to confirm it had the QISC. It was definitely there, but felt more subtle than compared to an Evo or Cymatic. It could have just been this board in particular? Maybe someone else that has one can confirm?

I am super excited to try it!

Reactions: RattimusBeach

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

Put the pad as far back as it'll go.

Fins should be set pretty far back on this one.

Front fin dots should be 10" from the tail and the center fin dot should be at 3"

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Pretty subtle. I was sliding my hand across it as I was talking to Jerry and I kept having to look down to and move the board to confirm it had the QISC. It was definitely there, but felt more subtle than compared to an Evo or Cymatic. It could have just been this board in particular? Maybe someone else that has one can confirm?

I am super excited to try it!
Yes I believe it’s the shallowest tomo channel of any of his boars I have. I assume it’s to balance out the ultra parallel-railed outline in some way. Certainly doesn’t need any more speed! Maybe the points right at the tail might help slightly claw/control that wide tail. There’s so much going on with this design… Who knows?

agree with Jkb on pad placement all the way back. Reminds me to get back to crank turns as I tend to drift forward for speed runs

MR + training wheel or Reactor tri

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just out of curiosity, how would you guys size one of these for grovel duties for a 6'3 x 185 bloke?

5'5"? x somewhat widish x thicc AF?