XTR

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I dont mind the lams. If I repair a ding and it looks $hitty I cover it with a sticker. Local surf shop, favorite brand, or something like that.
I was gonna say, we probably all used to put stickers on our boards (of brands that didn't sponsor us) when we were frothing 12-yr old groms cause we wanted our boards to look like our favorite pros. FFS, my first couple boars were a Local Motion and a Blue Hawaii- here in SD- cause that what we saw in the mags. My buddy had a Byrne with the Tom Carroll slash and we thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaseTMP and jkb

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Dang! Stopped by XTR and my GMM2 might be done in a few days (that is probably the fastest order I've ever had). I placed the order on 07/22/2021 (3 weeks tomorrow). Its in the oven now. Needs sanded and hot coated.

El Hefe was there and he said they are pushing online orders. Online orders have priority. They are a well oiled machine right now and everything is working like clock-work!
unpossible in these unprecedented times of covid!
that turnaround time may push me over the edge for a Revo order. the last two customs I had (not from XTR) took 5 months.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
unpossible in these unprecedented times of covid!
that turnaround time may push me over the edge for a Revo order. the last two customs I had took 5 months.
Seriously... now I'm debating a Revo as well. 4 weeks is crazy fast. I ordered a helium hydroshort from firewire in march and supposed to get it in september.

Reactions: JDJ

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
nice.
that XTR lam before the fins is what Shey said he's pushing Javier to use. I get why Javier would want to keep the aggressive branding, but like many of us, Shey doesn't like the look of the rail lams. Something like Varial's smaller subtle lam just looks cleaner. Most of us want less logos (and haven't added stickers since we were groms)...
but to each his own.
I asked for no rail lam and for the one XTR to be placed on the deck side above where a tail pad would be. They placed it on the rail towards the center. I reiterated the placement for a remake of the board due to non-fixable QC issues and got two centered rail lams. To add insult to injury, the board was probably 10-15% heavier, despite the board supposedly being a duplicate.

I don't like Varial's Infused Glass rail lams either. They seem fine with leaving them off.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I don't like Varial's Infused Glass rail lams either. They seem fine with leaving them off.
Paul was quick to pull them from mine as well. I dont think they’ll even force you to rock the Varial foam lam either.

Lame XTR cant do this, and worse, pretended they would and then didn’t. BS like this keeps me from ordering from them given the alt tech options elsewhere.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Lame XTR cant do this, and worse, pretended they would and then didn’t. BS like this keeps me from ordering from them given the alt tech options elsewhere.
It's lame. The logo would look good above the fins.

On that topic, the worst place for certain logos is often the middle of the board towards the nose.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
:LOL: :LOL: I wanted to see how it would look as a Firewire board.

As most things in life... it seemed like a good idea at the time. Sounds pretty silly as I'm reading it. lol.
When I started surfing I got a mess of free stickers from my friend who was sponsored.
Dad was PISSED when I came home and his Retro twin was coated in stickers.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The excitement is setting in... im wondering what kind of traction pad i should get.

Maybe Aruka and the rest-a-yuus can tell me what leash string I should use too?

I saw on Hydrodynamica's Instagram that the huge 5'10 with the blue HD stringer was for Michelle Kenvin (RK's wife).
Not sure brand but sole bro pad placement for ultra shred braaa:shaka: and leash string only the finezt hairs from a virgin 'gina:cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: racer1 and ReForest

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm still pissed about it. I specifically told xtr in the comments for a small, old school 80's r dot on the rail and it was a giant fcking gothic R taking up the whole nose like I rode for them. I got so roasted from the crew at my local.
I would have lit that abomination on fire. Never would have hit the water.

Pathetic

:roflmao: