XTR

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
PSA: I was down the street so stopped in. Shey said they are about 6weeks turnaround time on orders rn.
I was asking about a CyberSim and he said the HDs can be faster because they do those all in house from the file. He agreed you really don’t need a stringer with those short/stubby boars.

he did say he’s trying to push Javier to ditch the rail lams for a cleaner look to a smaller one on the bottom near the dims and model lams. Also moving away from SL-CK (yellow/red) to SL-C for a cleaner look.

Only boar on the stock rack that was tempting was a 6’4 stringered Hydronaut. Was glassed extra heavy and I just wouldn't have enough use for it. Wish I had a surf trip planned to justify that boar. There was also a blue hydroshort squash that looked fun at like 5’9, 32L.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
PSA: I was down the street so stopped in. Shey said they are about 6weeks turnaround time on orders rn.
I was asking about a CyberSim and he said the HDs can be faster because they do those all in house from the file. He agreed you really don’t need a stringer with those short/stubby boars.

he did say he’s trying to push Javier to ditch the rail lams for a cleaner look to a smaller one on the bottom near the dims and model lams. Also moving away from SL-CK (yellow/red) to SL-C for a cleaner look.

Only boar on the stock rack that was tempting was a 6’4 stringered Hydronaut. Was glassed extra heavy and I just wouldn't have enough use for it. Wish I had a surf trip planned to justify that boar. There was also a blue hydroshort squash that looked fun at like 5’9, 32L.
XTR posted this photo on Friday.

Maybe i'm wrong... but i think that all white GMM2 in da back is my board getting ready to be glassed. Which means it should be ready in another 2 weeks or so if all goes well! Record time... and would be perfect for timing for the upcoming swell.

IMG_7357.jpg

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
XTR posted this photo on Friday.

Maybe i'm wrong... but i think that all white GMM2 in da back is my board getting ready to be glassed. Which means it should be ready in another 2 weeks or so if all goes well! Record time... and would be perfect for timing for the upcoming swell.

View attachment 114436
Is the one in the foreground Patrick's 5'11 "step-up" GMM2? :ROFLMAO:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dang! Stopped by XTR and my GMM2 might be done in a few days (that is probably the fastest order I've ever had). I placed the order on 07/22/2021 (3 weeks tomorrow). Its in the oven now. Needs sanded and hot coated.

El Hefe was there and he said they are pushing online orders. Online orders have priority. They are a well oiled machine right now and everything is working like clock-work!

I talked to Jerry about lams on the rails. He said some of the major brands dont like XTR logo right next to their brands logo... but XTR has been on the rail of their boards for over 25 years and its to show that the board is unique. I doubt they will change them. I personally like the XTR lam on the rail.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Well oiled machine!

GMM2 with glass on's.

View attachment 114491View attachment 114492
nice.
that XTR lam before the fins is what Shey said he's pushing Javier to use. I get why Javier would want to keep the aggressive branding, but like many of us, Shey doesn't like the look of the rail lams. Something like Varial's smaller subtle lam just looks cleaner. Most of us want less logos (and haven't added stickers since we were groms)...
but to each his own.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I dont mind the lams. If I repair a ding and it looks $hitty I cover it with a sticker. Local surf shop, favorite brand, or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars