XTR

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
There's random shapers that i've seen in XTR, wonder who is on the secret menu

I saw DHD was doing some poly/epoxy boards with different foam on different sections, they looked like a pain in the ass to make.

CI has the varying density carbon and fiberglass layup stringers on their EPS models.
After STAB reviewed the spine tek, manlet Michael Chimichanga suggested it needed more flex
They put a small, medium and large version out with different thickness/ stiffness of stringers.

speaking of weird chit, Mayhem teasewd these Agave boards a while back and im still waiting on them, they looked interesting but probably isnt much more than veneer on eps. Still cool looking,

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Arakawa uses XTR foam for two different builds. They do wood stringer like XTR does and they do an internal stringer as well. I was emailing with them, they said Javier came out and taught them how to vent the decks.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yeah, those Arakawa XO's had me interested, a little too much money getting one to Southern California for me.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
if ur reg foot u want it on right swallow else it’ll wrap ur boar when shatting on ur boar waiting for a set wave
yeah sorry I wasn't very clear in my reply. I like the plug on the right side of the swallow but just further back and more in line with the swallow tip. just a nitpick.
looks fun dude! which fins you gonna start with?
Album fascination twins from NVS. Those are what I like in my Townsend so I figure it's a good place to start. Surf forecast looks fittingly atrocious.

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Board looks great, love the color.

My Shadow was marked done on the sheet Friday (QC the previous Friday) and I still haven't gotten a shipping notification :-(. I emailed them and haven't heard back. Not sure what the deal is, I might try to call them today but I don't want to be "that guy". Going on 9 weeks now but obviously things are tough for everyone right now so I don't hold it against them at all.

Reactions: Aruka

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
dont fear the thickness in the rails @Aruka . I had the same worry...but then surfed it! Notice the rail profile and how the tuck runs nose to tail? It's incredible how engaged such thick rails can be.
btw, my plug's in the same spot. Not had any issues.

Reactions: Aruka

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I have a Stamps flare that I love but BSR is beating it to hell, especially now that the liner is gone and the bottom is cement. How does XTR hold up to getting bashed against reef/rocks? I figure that's the closest thing to what happens on the end sections at BSR when the board goes over the falls and gets slammed into the bottom.
Maybe Lib Tech? Decent ding resistance and closed cell foam.

Reactions: oeste858