XTR Christmas Sale till 01/01/2019

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I have yet to try any of the fancier constructions and I find the wood stringers to feel normal (not overly stiff) but I'm 180-190, ymmv.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Anyone thinking about the Tomo psyko?

sh!t, why are they having this sale?

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
My two cents, go SL-CK just for fun and bc it's an option. It definitely has a different feel than a stringered board. It does this weird thing where it's stiff when it needs to be and then can be flexy which makes for a really interesting feeling when pushing down the line.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
I just got off the new Italo “Pool Party” model. It’s the newest Italo model and it felt really good! It’s wider and can be ridden shorter than the other Italo model. There is a blog post on Timmy’s website about it. Pretty sick board.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
I’m 5’6” and I had a 5’8 Italo pool party and it felt good... but I think 5’6 or 5’7 would have felt better. The wide point feels center/a little forward. I think Racer is spot on for going with a 6’0 (his same height) especially if he has a narrow stance.

Also, the Italo model was PU and was 25.59L. My new hydroshort squash in XTR is 25.5L and before that I was riding FW Vader at 24.5L. They all feel about the same but the PU was heavier then the FW a little less then XTR is super light. I’d say the XTR feels about 0.5L more than PU (not noticeable). I did notice that the XTR felt corkier than both the PU and the FW. But now that Im used to it I like the XTR.
Just my 2 cents.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
RTS, they have a sale like this annually I believe.

Thanks deforest I didn't know that about the pool party.
I'm riding about 24.5 liters and I believe I am smaller than you but also in Texas so not as much push.
I want to go a bit lower like jkb but idk if I should

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
rts265 said:
Thinking I’ll do wood stringer. Will it be super stiff? Will I regret not going SL-CK?
No, a stringered XTR will not be super stiff unless you glass it heavy. I like 8.C glassing the best.

But as far as getting a stringered XTR, it depends on what you're getting. If you're getting a groveler, I would go without a stringer. If you're getting a step up, I would get a stringer. Something in between, you can go either way but my choice would be without a stringer.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Aruka said:
shoot, I'm sorry. I was just literally hemming and hawing over F15 dims, trying to decide between a 6'3 and 6'4 when I saw your post and then it made me question everything lol
Switched it to a 6'1 with a little bit wider and thicker than stock dimensions.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
shoot, I'm sorry. I was just literally hemming and hawing over F15 dims, trying to decide between a 6'3 and 6'4 when I saw your post and then it made me question everything lol
Right on.

FWIW I emailed patterson with my dims (6'3" x 175) and was told 6'3" or 6'4" for length for daily driver duties.

I went 6'4", squarsh, lil wider and thinner than stock.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Man I had my payment info and closed the window - I've got a week to think about it.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Aruka said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Right on.

FWIW I emailed patterson with my dims (6'3" x 175) and was told 6'3" or 6'4" for length for daily driver duties.

Stocked. Glad I switched mine up, sounds like TP would have suggested the same.

I texted my buddy, former pro now a team manager, about ordering from TP he said, "Boards feel about 1/16th thinner than what's written. I've only ordered three from Timmy and they've all been F15's. Super fast, good on rail, good in the air, good at everything. Merrick large or JS large. You won't be disappointed."

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Right on.

Stocked. Glad I switched mine up, sounds like TP would have suggested the same.

I texted my buddy, former pro now a team manager, about ordering from TP he said, "Boards feel about 1/16th thinner than what's written. I've only ordered three from Timmy and they've all been F15's. Super fast, good on rail, good in the air, good at everything. Merrick large or JS large. You won't be disappointed."
Now you got me wondering if I should have gone 2 1/2" instead of my usual 2 7/16" :tomato:

Rad to hear the good feedback though. Been wanting a TP board foreeeeever.

Also got a portly Gremlin on the way. Went with Grey and Blue Grey sprays for these 2 as well.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hahah, it's not too late! I think Dane said something about TP's board in stab in the dark, that it felt thin and for a smaller person.

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Cheaper to ship 2 in a box Racer? Do you email and Javier helps you work out dimensions? Do the shapers check them at all? I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.
It's all a clever ruse

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
MrSteve said:
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.
It's all a clever ruse
Exactly! Made to LOOK LIKE they were signed by Dan, but we know better than that. But don’t let that discourage you from ordering one, it never stopped me...I’ve had lots of gems from XTR

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Cheaper to ship 2 in a box Racer? Do you email and Javier helps you work out dimensions? Do the shapers check them at all? I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.
Shey told me boxing two together and shipping them actually costs more than boxing 2 individually and shipping. I think it gets cheaper if you go for 3. Don't ask me why...

This sale pokes me to order a Phantom, but...I...will...resist...

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
Goodfish said:
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Shey told me boxing two together and shipping them actually costs more than boxing 2 individually and shipping. I think it gets cheaper if you go for 3. Don't ask me why...

This sale pokes me to order a Phantom, but...I...will...resist...
Come on Goodfish, order that Phantom. I know you have plenty of room on that rooftop for more boards. :)

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Like somebody said above it's cheaper to ship one for some reason. They only charge $99 shipping to Hawaii. So with the promo code, it's free shipping. The one xtr Tomo I had was hand shaped by Dan (pre-FW, early days), so I can't speak on others. I think XTR takes the boards to the shapers (local ones) for QC and to sign off on them? That was my understanding.