WTF with parents going on Spring Break with their kids?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
So much of how we lived in the 70s and 80s would be considered child abuse. Every fucking kid has a water bottle at all times, FFS. When I was young the only kids who died of dehydration were HS football players in Texas.

One of the most fun bands to see on Del Playa in Isla Vista in the 90s was Latch Key Kids, probably named after the Bad Religion song.
if you cause any troubel then i dont want to see!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sadly, the "fend for themselves" school of parenting ended 40 years ago.

As for going on spring break with your kid, I am guilty. Eight years ago, my son asked if I wanted to go on a surf trip to PR with his buddies for their spring break. Undoubtedly, he wanted me to pay for most everything. He also knew that I wouldn't interfere with what they wanted to do. There were a bunch of other kids there from UF, including a number of girls.

Good surf every day, and in the evening I would crack a beer and sit back and watch the antics. I can't remember another week in my life where I laughed so much. It was great.

And social media had zero to do with anything.
If surf trips with your sons is an issue then I’m guilty every year. Some times twice a year.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
In an Exxon where I worked around 1979 one of the customers liberated a water cooler and an empty 5 gallon water container from a construction trailer and gave it to us for the fromt office. I used to fill it up from the big black water hose in the service bay. The cutomers would fill that little paper cup with cold hose water, take a sip and say how good the spring water was.

• Haha
Reactions: slipped_disc