Wtf is an escape room?

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
It’s an entertainment venue where you sign up with a small group of people to come onsite and the group gets locked into a set of rooms with a set puzzle / riddle to solve. You follow the clues and use the props given to continue to unlock doors, boxes, etc. which lead to more clues which will eventually let you unlock the door you came in and ‘escape’ the game. There is a set time limit and each game / room has a different story / theme.

Quite fun and challenging. I think ours was rated a 7 out of 10 in difficulty and we made it out with less than a minute remaining on the room timer.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I just wonder how many relationships have imploded in those things. Every time i see one I picture people yelling at each other and calling each other idiots.:ROFLMAO:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
My company put us through a escape room a few years back as part of the end of the year celebrations. Learn to work as a team, yatta yatta.

I have no patience for this sh!t, thought it was boring as fuck and would much rather be outside drinking beer and scratching my left nut.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
It’s an entertainment venue where you sign up with a small group of people to come onsite and the group gets locked into a set of rooms with a set puzzle / riddle to solve. You follow the clues and use the props given to continue to unlock doors, boxes, etc. which lead to more clues which will eventually let you unlock the door you came in and ‘escape’ the game. There is a set time limit and each game / room has a different story / theme.

Quite fun and challenging. I think ours was rated a 7 out of 10 in difficulty and we made it out with less than a minute remaining on the room timer.
The demise of society

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
My company put us through a escape room a few years back as part of the end of the year celebrations. Learn to work as a team, yatta yatta.

I have no patience for this sh!t, thought it was boring as fook and would much rather be outside drinking beer and scratching my left nut.
What beverage would you consume while scratching your right nut?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I just wonder how many relationships have imploded in those things. Every time i see one I picture people yelling at each other and calling each other idiots.:ROFLMAO:
My old roommate runs one of these Escape Rooms.
He messaged me recently that a couple got into a crazy extreme argument immediately before the start of the "escape challenge"
Then proceeded to act like nothing happened and work with the group of people they invited.
Everyone was super uncomfortable being locked in with the powder keg of a relationship.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
My old roommate runs one of these Escape Rooms.
He messaged me recently that a couple got into a crazy extreme argument immediately before the start of the "escape challenge"
Then proceeded to act like nothing happened and work with the group of people they invited.
Everyone was super uncomfortable being locked in with the powder keg of a relationship.
How long before the orgy started?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i do IT field work for a living....spend a lot of time in other people's offices, solving technical issues. so when Mrs. Sussle suggested we go to an Escape Room for fun, i think, hmm, let's see, stuck in a room, assemble the known facts to assess the issue, solve one issue to get to the next, can't leave until you solve the problem....

i'm like, gee sweetheart, that sounds a lot like work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Fun thing to do for niece/nephew/kid birthday compared to some of the alternatives your niece/nephew/kid might request for a b-day. Plus it's only about 1 hour.