WTB Tomo Dual/Twin Hatchet Fins in Futures

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You could try to contact Jack Jensen I think he made the original ones for Tomos pre-FW CA customs. JP from SurfySurfy can probably get in touch with him. Think Reforest was looking for some too. I’d also be interested if he’s taking orders. Maybe cheaper to order 3 sets.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
You could try to contact Jack Jensen I think he made the original ones for Tomos pre-FW CA customs. JP from SurfySurfy can probably get in touch with him. Think Reforest was looking for some too. I’d also be interested if he’s taking orders. Maybe cheaper to order 3 sets.
Yea, this might be a good idea....$150 for a set of twins is pretty damn steep...

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Personally, I wouldn’t give Tomo Sr (powerdrive fins) any more business, after he (allegedly) tried to drown a chick in the lineup at Lennox. Dick.

But I do think the twins might be better than the quad/thruster version, which I’ve never been impressed by, since they’re closer to the overall shape of keels.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I was able to get my hands on the El Tomo dual fin version. I wonder why they went away from the twinnies? I had a dual fin round nose raptor way back with glass-on hatchets that went sick. It was too big so I ended up selling it. I'm hoping this will be similar...

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
i feel guilty after buying mine hahah... design only works in a twin keel for me, but I really like the way they go
He makes the quad hatchets look pretty good...I miss his old designs for sure

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Wasn't much of a fan of the PowerDrive fins before or after the incident with the chick in the line-up. Might be my lack of skills, but they were a bit out of control on turns. Felt like too much push back and spring.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Wasn't much of a fan of the PowerDrive fins before or after the incident with the chick in the line-up. Might be my lack of skills, but they were a bit out of control on turns. Felt like too much push back and spring.
I do remember having to use a lot of effort to get them to turn...was pretty nice backside though

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
i really liked this set up for a few months while trying to re-thrusterize myself...

i actually liked them as quads in super small waves on my mandala because of that "spring" feeling... i felt like the quad set up over flexed in bigger/faster waves
This reminds me of a 2+1 set-up haha I wonder how it'll go with smaller front fins.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
i actually liked them as quads in super small waves on my mandala because of that "spring" feeling... i felt like the quad set up over flexed in bigger/faster waves
Yep, I've only liked them as quads in small/weak waves. Above that, the spring was unpredictable outta turns. no bueno. I also meant to try the quad fronts with more traditional rears, but never bothered so far.