Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

and then

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

"For today two other sources even more impeccable confirmed that Kelly Slater’s Surf Ranch will be dropped from future WSL Championship Tours because, “The pros hate it and are bored with it partly because the heat, partly because the location and partly because they have simply done everything they can on that wave.”

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
dropping the only contest thats truly fair
= waves

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
At the rate people die from sh!t in the water at the beaches in Florida, plus the sharks, I still don't understand how there's not a Waco pool in Orlando. If you can get the Galveston/Corpus squad plus some literal Waco/Metroplex surfers and the attendant pros to pay to fly to Waco, or drive three hours from DFW to keep BSR above water, how hard could it be to do this in Orlando? Probably not quite as hot in the Summer although I'd bet it's even steamier, and the winter is far more mild, and for perfect dial-a-chest-high-ramps the "cold" isn't scaring Tampa or North Florida much less the NY/NJ set that comes down in droves.

slopokecr

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 28, 2007
I think there is viability in a separate "Pool Tour." The predictability in (non) permitting and wave quality streamline everything (scheduling) thus making sponsorship easier/more attractive. Ive surfed the Waco pool and know many who have as well. I also know many who have surfed the Lemoore one--literally everyone had a blast and cant wait to go back.