Wrongful Death of Security at Zuckerberg's Kauai Ranch

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
:unsure:

I met one of his security guys who came down to pay us a visit on the beach that fronts the property. He said he was a native of Hawaii, had got his college education on the mainland, and then came back to Kauai. He said him and his Dad were managing security for Zuckerberg at the property. Maybe the guy who died is his Dad..??..

EDIT: From reading the account in the news, The story is in line with what I've seen there twice now, that the grounds are patrolled by guys using 4-wheelers... why they would've driven this guy down there and left him to depend on a ride back is beyond me, but they said he was stranded and tried to walk back up. Both times, the I guys I saw, rode back up solo on their own vehicles..??..

There appear to be 2 ways down to the beach from the property, one on the east side, and one on the west side by the river, so why they couldn't get down there to retrieve the guy seems odd.

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
And there it is...

But on Aug. 4, 2019, his coworkers were unable to navigate their Kawasaki utility cart down either one of the two unpaved access trails leading to Medeiros’ position. He was told to make the climb out on foot.