wrist fix

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
so my wrist has been hurting on and off. when I carry heavy sht, pulling heavy bags out of the carrousel. I've fallen skating a few times. is like clenching a fist and twisting that aggravates it. can not do a pushup now. doesn't seem to be swollen. but anyway I'd like to get it fixed cuz there's swell coming. lots of waves as you guys might have noticed.
is it possible this shts gonna heal in 10 days? infiltrate? hand/wrist bandage?

Oct 5, 2021
Have you had it checked out? Don’t do what I did, fell off a skateboard couple years ago onto my wrist, put up with the pain thinking just a sprain for 5-6 weeks. Finally fronted up to ED for an xray on a doctor friends advice - broken scaffoid and 8 weeks in plaster. Would have been nearly healed by time I went into cast if I’d just had it checkEd to start with.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Have you had it checked out? Don’t do what I did, fell off a skateboard couple years ago onto my wrist, put up with the pain thinking just a sprain for 5-6 weeks. Finally fronted up to ED for an xray on a doctor friends advice - broken scaffoid and 8 weeks in plaster. Would have been nearly healed by time I went into cast if I’d just had it checkEd to start with.
This ^^^^^. Some of those little bones in the wrist can be really difficult to get to heal and once injured are really easy to re-injure.

Reactions: mundus and paunch23

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
8 wrist bones. Some more prone to fracture and displacement then others. Fluid accumulation. Carpal tunnel syndrome. Arthritis. Lots of possible etiologies. Might be worth a checkup if rest/splinting/ibuprofen doesn't seem to make it better.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Sounds like a behavioral health diagnosis!
Is there no surgery to fix this?
Went to the dr and he wasn’t too optimistic with any of the procedures he discussed because theres lots of wear already…

Last edited:

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
update.
had to get surgery (3 weeks ago) this wouldn't heal on its own.

backstory: pain has been on and off since 2016. it is an old injury. I have had steroids injections in the past, but lately it def has been getting worse. SL ligament was totally ruptured and bones were moving out of place. Hence the gap between them. I imagine this must be very common in the skater community...

• Sad
Reactions: silentbutdeadly