World's worst / your least favorite waves?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
20200625_181129.jpg
Pismo right now. Wind is on. It's cold. One foot closeouts in the shorebreak. 30 people out. Sitting in my car, watching for a minute on the way home from work, some @sshole outside my window waiting for the parking spot. Ain't gonna happen guy. Why do you want it anyways?

Edit: 40. There are now 40 people out. Still not one wave has come through.

• Haha
Reactions: Maz

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
We're up to 50. I've seen fewer people in videos of Waikiki, and more waves in videos of the NFL in the 1980s.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Las Flores/Pta Mango
Great waves that drive you absolutely nuts because they blow out so farkn' early - and the over agro Brazilian sweet and delicious bag of pickles.
Not to mention my asthma/apnia going nuts because of all the burning garbage.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Doesn't Pismo fall into "The shitty beachbreak down the street doesn't count" part of the OP's rules?

I'd probably go with both County Line and Staircase as places I have no desire to and likely never surf again in my lifetime.
Probably. It is a well known name but because of its shlttiness.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I got Hermosa so good for a week straight.

Hated? I don't know, County Line, for every single reason there is.
I am a surfer of marginal abilities but the two times I surfed at County Line I am by far the best surfer out there. Kookville.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Every wave from the southern border of Solana Beach to the north end of Leucadia, basically North County San Diego. :) One way to look at it, one less person out there. Enjoy.

#1 - Wind an SEE. I surf it about two times a year and that's enough for me. Good place to be Scene. Though that inside section is quite the lip to hit. Fark the wavepools.

Reactions: MathDebater

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
my crappy spots i started surfing decades ago cuz nobody surfed em- now theyre crowded

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I am a surfer of marginal abilities but the two times I surfed at County Line I am by far the best surfer out there. Kookville.
Back when I was learning to surf (stand-up at least), I think I was 3-4 weeks in and one of the best surfers out in the water at CL. Just like Sunslop, it's a good honeypot to keep people from going where it is actually good.

Point can occasionally be good but mostly a burger. The left off the back of the point can get pretty good (if not far better) if kelp isn't too thick. Beachbreak very hit or miss but been mornings I had it absolutely empty with overhead A-frame peaks right in the middle as good as waves get. But every time that happens, there are over 100 times you don't even slow below 55 as you drive by.

Oh and Neptune's Net is the most overrated eating establishment in the history of food.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Oh and Neptune's Net is the most overrated eating establishment in the history of food.
I agree, the Net is not good food.

Here's an excerpt from my Yelp review
You don't come here to have a nice meal, you come here for atmosphere, fried food, and maybe some beers. The 22oz collection is very well stocked, It's almost worth the drive just to check the selection. An item of note is the Beer Float, vanilla ice cream atop a mug of Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout, yummy!