World's worst / your least favorite waves?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sebastian Inlet, Spanish House, and Reef Road to me are shadows of their former selves. The water, sun, swell, and wind are the same, and the beaches don't necessarily look that different. The sandbars, on the other hand...eek.

I think Hermosa specifically and Centro in general are way overrated by Floridians.

If someone tried to talk me into Windansea I'd compromise by saying drop me off near Black's and tell me what time to be back on the side of the road.

Scripps would be the same plan as Windansea and I'd expect a blowie for knowing it and/or Linda Mar exist and not living in California. Although I could see myself surfing Linda Mar after getting beatswept at OB, I think I'd skip Scripps.

Pismo is population next to nothing in the middle of nowhere. There's probably a spot called Suckaclamsdickquick somewhere in Rhode Island that's more famous just on account of Boston, NYC, Connecticut, and Providence. There's barely enough people in Pismo for there to be a road for it to be the shitty beachbreak at the end of.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
sunset looks heavily frustrating and seldom rewarding

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Out front with a walled up south swell on a low tide.

When it's head high wind swell that catches everyone off guard and it's empty and peaks are every where it's my favorite wave.

Panga Drops made a mockery of my surfing 20 years ago.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I'll get sh!t for this one. Blacks. Assuming it hasn't been renamed. I even won money out there and I still hated it. The work to fun ratio is screwed up. You catch a set wave and you want to get high in the face so you can get a look over the back at what's coming. Surfed it a lot during college. It almost delivered here and there.
Same. Saw lots of good waves. Didn't get many . . .

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What are your least favorite waves on the planet?

The shitty beachbreak down the street doesn't count, nor does a place you hate because of the crowd.

I'm talking about well known waves either locally or internationally that are supposedly good to great but really aren't that great for whatever reason.

Or waves you just could never figure out.
I was going to say the shitty beach break down the street, but then read your disclaimer. But then I remembered the description of said shitty beach break on the webcam page-

"Torrance is famous both for its vibrant-yet-laid back atmosphere and the sheer quality and variety of its waves. Surfers from all over the world make the trek to the coastal city every year, drawn by the prospect of a uniquely memorable surfing experience that only the place can provide. For a growing number of local and international surfers, Torrance has become a Mecca that promises unparalleled excitement and adventure."

So, yeah, my local shitty beach break. :ROFLMAO:

This AM's webcam. Mecca!
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.18.53 AM.png

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Salt Creek.

Yes, I have gotten it good and gotten great waves there, no question. But I have also had way too many sessions with waves that appear good coming in but only back off into nothingness or shift into a closeout. The source of some of my most annoying sessions. And the crowd can get a bit obnoxious about backpaddling. Always feels like I have to do a bunch of crafty sh!t out there to thwart the games.