Woke Liberals Say Black Kids are Retarded.... Want to Cancel AP Courses.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I was an MGM kid and it was nothing but an excuse to get out of class and go on field trips. Those programs are sh!t and if they got rid of them I wouldn't mind a bit.

AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes are a lot different. Find underrepresented kids who are willing to work hard, push 'em into those classes, and support them with tutoring and stff, and a suprisingly large percentage of them will rise to the occassion, do well, and find advanced academic success. That's how you build "equity."

Reactions: kidfury

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
Again, how is this anything to do with equal outcomes and somebody trying to steal your house?

Anybody actually read the article?

"Every child, regardless of ZIP code, has the right to attend a school where they can thrive."

How's this evil?
What does that even mean... Where they can thrive?

My thrive probably isn't your interpretation of thrive.

bigsurfer67

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 29, 2008
I was an MGM kid and it was nothing but an excuse to get out of class and go on field trips. Those programs are sh!t and if they got rid of them I wouldn't mind a bit.

AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes are a lot different. Find underrepresented kids who are willing to work hard, push 'em into those classes, and support them with tutoring and stff, and a suprisingly large percentage of them will rise to the occassion, do well, and find advanced academic success. That's how you build "equity."
This...more parity in education regardless of race while building "equity"

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Again, how is this anything to do with equal outcomes and somebody trying to steal your house?

Anybody actually read the article?

"Every child, regardless of ZIP code, has the right to attend a school where they can thrive."

How's this evil?
Here’s where you and I are are worlds apart. You care most about what people say and I care about what they do.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You want to know what hamstrings the the smart kids?

Special Ed.

That eats up a TON of resources with a very low payoff.

It's the 80/20 rule in reverse.

Smart kids will probably figure sh!t out.

May you all be born with a roaring working memory.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You are attribute substituting . . . again.

I'm not talking about the school board decision. I'm talking about Duffy's misunderstanding of the concept of fairness.

Let's say, you are student in my class but because of my affect bias, I give you a grade lower than you deserve.

Meanwhile I give the hot chick and undeserved A.

Is that fair?

I say no and wouldn't do it because I try to be fair.

This is the glue that holds society together.

PS, how dare you give me a thumbs down!

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You are attribute substituting . . . again.

I'm not talking about the school board decision. I'm talking about Duffy's misunderstanding of the concept of fairness.

Let's say, you are student in my class but because of my affect bias, I give you a grade lower than you deserve.

Meanwhile I give the hot chick and undeserved A.

Is that fair?

I say no and wouldn't do it because I try to be fair.

This is the glue that holds society together.

PS, how dare you give me a thumbs down!
I totally see where you're coming from but I do with Duffy as well

I think you're both right and you both can be right without the ideas opposing each other

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I'm guessing your interpretation is a C+ average.
That raises an interesting question: where do the preferences and expectations of the individual come into play? If some kid hates school and is averse to the program then how might that affect both their performance and their measure of the experience? 'Cause I've known kids who were happy just to get done with compulsory schooling so they wouldn't have to waste their time with it.

To that kid, "thrive" means getting away with the least amount of effort that's humanly possible. What responsibility is the school - or society - supposed to assume for that outcome?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
That raises an interesting question: where do the preferences and expectations of the individual come into play? If some kid hates school and is averse to the program then how might that affect both their performance and their measure of the experience? 'Cause I've known kids who were happy just to get done with compulsory schooling so they wouldn't have to waste their time with it.

To that kid, "thrive" means getting away with the least amount of effort that's humanly possible. What responsibility is the school - or society - supposed to assume for that outcome?
The school's got no responsibility for that IMO, but this entire post has nothing to do with original topic whatsoever.

Please heed my updated user name and take note of the fact that my posts ribbing other dummies on here are not in any way meant to add to the discourse.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wouldn’t characterize it that way.

They are damaged in the interest of fairness.
But that is just bad decision making.

I think you are reacting to bad decision making.

Humans run the risk of over and under reacting.

That is why life it so hard.

I have to make decisions all day long in the name of fairness.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
But that is just bad decision making.

I think you are reacting to bad decision making.

Humans run the risk of over and under reacting.

That is why life it so hard.

I have to make decisions all day long in the name of fairness.
No, I’m reacting to THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY to make things “fair”.

And that is to chop down from the top because, in most cases, it is not possible to lift the bottom.

Not everyone can be a high achiever. That is unfair to the low achieving. The ONLY way to make things fair is to hamstring the high achievers.

This isn’t bad decision making, this is the only option when fairness is the goal.

The bad decision here is the fundamental desire to achieve fairness.

Fairness is the root problem.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
No, I’m reacting to THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY to make things “fair”.

And that is to chop down from the top because, in most cases, it is not possible to lift the bottom.

Not everyone can be a high achiever. That is unfair to the low achieving. The ONLY way to make things fair is to hamstring the high achievers.

This isn’t bad decision making, this is the only option when fairness is the goal.

The bad decision here is the fundamental desire to achieve fairness.

Fairness is the root problem.
You know how I know you weren't in a gifted program in elementary/middle school?