Wittiest Post Nominee Thread '22

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Mr Doof - “the look on my wife’s husbands face”.
Yogi Berra has nothing on me. :p

1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

2. You can observe a lot by just watching.

3. It ain’t over till it’s over.

4. It’s like déjà vu all over again.

5. No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

6. Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

7. A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.

8. Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

9. We made too many wrong mistakes.

10. Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

11. You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.

12. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.

13. I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.

14. Never answer an anonymous letter.

15. Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.

16. How can you think and hit at the same time?

17. The future ain’t what it used to be.

18. I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.

19. It gets late early out here.

20. If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.

21. We have deep depth.

22. Pair up in threes.

23. Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.

24. You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.

25. All pitchers are liars or crybabies.

26. Even Napoleon had his Watergate.

27. Bill Dickey is learning me his experience.

28. He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.

29. It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.

30. I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won twenty-five games. What I don’t understand is how he lost five.

31. I don’t know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads.

32. I’m a lucky guy and I’m happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.

33. I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

34. In baseball, you don’t know nothing.

35. I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

36. I never said most of the things I said.

37. It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.

38. If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.

39. I wish everybody had the drive he (Joe DiMaggio) had. He never did anything wrong on the field. I’d never seen him dive for a ball, everything was a chest-high catch, and he never walked off the field.

40. So I’m ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face.

41. Take it with a grin of salt.

42. (On the 1973 Mets) We were overwhelming underdogs.

43. The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.

44. Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.

45. Mickey Mantle was a very good golfer, but we weren’t allowed to play golf during the season; only at spring training.

46. You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go.

47. I’m lucky. Usually you’re dead to get your own museum, but I’m still alive to see mine.

48. If I didn’t make it in baseball, I won’t have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.

49. If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.

50. A lot of guys go, ‘Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.’ I tell ’em, ‘I don’t know any.’ They want me to make one up. I don’t make ’em up. I don’t even know when I say it. They’re the truth. And it is the truth. I don’t know.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
:roflmao:

Was on the road all day yesterday and I'll be on the road most of today so you'll have plenty of time to ponder this.

At this stage of the game, anybody who cared knows my identity thanks to hal and a couple of other idiots on this site who posted my full name and other details. Hal still hides and takes shots at me but whatever......I'm not the guy who will post his real identity unless he'd like to continue to play the games he's playing right now. Ball is in his court on that. Game on.

Let me lay it out in a fashion that everyone here will understand without revealing anyone's name or further details.

Back on November 3, 2018 hal reached out to me in private messaging (not the other way around and if he'd like to dispute that I'll proceed by posting that message and all subsequent messages in their entirety.......not cherrypicked.) Unfortunately, I thought he was being sincere I was very open about who I was. Hal was never as open or honest. In the ensuing message exchanges he acted nice and then proceeded to use cherrypicked snippets from those messages to take shots at me in a dishonest fashion for several years. hal thought he'd forever be anonymous. I was beyond a good sport.

Hal's hubris did lead him did make a mistake though. I believe a year later hal wanted to get involved with an event I've been loosly involved with for a number of years and via private messaging asked me who he should get in touch with to help him get started. I was generous with the information I gave him even though he'd been a major dick in his on-line persona. He never revealed his identity but in that exchange hal did inadvertently put himself into a group of no more than 5 people on the planet. I believe a year later I took a guess at an organization name that was one of the 5 possible organizations (still not knowing hal's identity) and later brought up that organization in a post. Hal then dishonestly tried to spin that in the the comments but in his hubris he actually took the 5 possible people and narrowed it down further.

Fast forward to late last summer or early fall and another member of this forum posted hal's actual first name. hal even responded in a manner which just confirmed that was in fact his name. Over then next few weeks other posters and myself mocked him by using that name in posts. There was no looking for him as he's so dishonestly posted numerous times........He'd fukked up and another member had simply put the pieces together for me by posting his first name. hal had previously put himself into a group of about 4 people on the planet and when someone on this forum posted his real name it narrowed it down to only one possibility and his days of being completely anonymous were blown.

Shortly after hal's anonymity was blown this year's annual event that both hal and I now attend took place. Making matters worse for hal, he's in a visible role at the event. Hal had to be mortified to even show up knowing his identity had been blown just weeks earlier and given his conduct towards me on this forum. Our paths crossed as I turned to leave after reading some posted information and here he comes towards me not 20 feet away. I could have ignored him. I could have dumped him on his ass. It could have been ugly.........but I'm not that kind of guy. Instead, I made a joke which broke the ice and opened up a quite lengthy, friendly conversation. Hal was extremely nervous at first and stuttered something like "I'm glad I ran into you" as he was probably thinking about his conduct on here and the much larger man he faced after years of being a dick while anonymously hiding behind a keyboard and monitor.

Hal can spin all he wants but that is verbatim how all of that went down through the years. You be the judge. As for hal's internet persona, he can keep poking if he'd like but if the topic related the things in this post are brought up in a dishonest fashion again I'll post every private message exchange from the very beginning in their entirety and plenty of other info so you all can be the judge as to who is being truthful and who is being a dick "in real life" Otherwise I'm just as friendly as ever in real life.

Ball is in your court "hal9000". Proceed with caution.