"With Covid" or "Of Covid"????

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Apparently states like NJ where government employees have way too much time on their hands they are testing deer killed during hunting season for Covid. As it turns out they found two deer in NJ that had Covid at the time of their demise. So my question is, did these deer die with Covid or of Covid? I also can't help but wonder if these untimely deaths were added to the state's death numbers? :oops:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The bullets were tainted with Covid.

I hope they transferred some lyme disease back in return.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I know someone who is severely compromised and extremely precautions. They ended up catching covid from their cat, which caught it from deer around the property. (poop from the cat and deer {found on the property} all came back positive of covid).

These people do not leave the house, everything is delivered, dropped off on the front porch. No one is safe.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Speaking of poop......years ago while mountain biking in Oregon, my brother came down with some funky illness that laid him up for a while.

After a variety of tests and a few months of getting back into shape, his doctor said something along the lines of, "We don't know what caused this, but our current thought is that you might have ran over some wild animal poop, probably deer, and flicked it up into your face/eyes/mouth. In that poop was a virus or bacteria that caused the illness."

Anyway, CV-19 infects a pretty large variety of mammals. Lets all hope it doesn't pick up some pernicious skillset somewhere and pass it back to us humans.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It would be better if the government was paying millions to foreign laboratories to do this research instead.

And then give cocaine to quail while we're at it

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
a few deer harvested at a federal facility in NJ were recently tested.

i am eagerly awaiting to be informed of the results to know if I should self quarantine due to exposure... Lord Murphy, what should I do?
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 8.45.50 PM.png

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
This came up in a hunting podcast I was listening too.

i think it’s pretty obviously not a risk to humans, and any disclaimers about transmission is a liability coverage in the unlikely event of the impossible.

it is in the best interest of wildlife biologists to track disease in animal populations to see the effect it has on that animal population. This effects many things like harvest of game animals, in this case deer.

I get it, the lazy response is shock and disgust.

Reactions: afoaf