Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed!

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Fox news as source:)
More details here.

Blurb:

Put down “Willie’s smoke-free bus” on the things you’d never thought you’d see come to pass that somehow have. The country legend told a San Antonio television station he’s given up on burning sensations.

“I don’t smoke anymore,” Nelson told KSAT. “I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days, and I have to be careful. I’ve mistreated myself since I was this big.

“I started out smoking cedar bark, and it went from that to cigarettes to whatever,” continued the 86-year-old singer. “And that almost killed me. … I take better care of myself today than I did then.”

From the sound of things, Nelson hadn’t completely given up smoking at the time of the April interview, but his wife, Annie, described him as mostly relying on vaping and edibles nowadays. Describing his routine, she said he would “take a couple of hits off the vape and then, an hour or two later, he might want a piece of chocolate. That keeps it going. So not a ton [of pot] . . . but he is Willie Nelson.”

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
as someone who swtiched to just edibles and vaping, smoking wrecks me now. Can feel it.
Good on him. I know he been roasting Hog Legs since before I was knee high to a pig's eye

Nov 8, 2019
Lighting something on fire and inhaling the smoke is never beneficial for your health.
As is roasting meat or any food including vegetables over charcoal and smoking wood and then eating it. Smoke dust in your food and charred edges is detrimental to your health. BBQ enthusiast, including Vegan bbq'ers covet the crust of their finished work, and that crust is one of the worst "foods" you can put into your body. A proven fact.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
As is roasting meat or any food including vegetables over charcoal and smoking wood and then eating it. Smoke dust in your food and charred edges is detrimental to your health. BBQ enthusiast, including Vegan bbq'ers covet the crust of their finished work, and that crust is one of the worst "foods" you can put into your body. A proven fact.
"Vegan bbq'ers"