Will Putin use a nuke?

Will Putin use a nuke?

• Total voters

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I suspect both Xi and Modi advised Putin not to let that genie out of the bottle.

Reactions: mundus

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think as a crazy but highly intelligent former spy, he will gladly let the world wring it’s hands, and perhaps even make stupid decisions, in their concern about him using nukes, but there is no way that ends in success for him. And I think he has too strong of a self preservation streak to do something that would quickly result in his death, along with millions or billions of others.

Whichever way this war plays out, and ultimately his position of power, he likely has a very comfortable and lavish exit strategy for himself and maybe a few buddies. I mean, he’s the richest man on the planet, by some accounts. He’s playing with the world, probably to just amuse himself at this point…I really don’t think he wants to destroy it and himself in the process. It avails him nothing. He’s a sociopath playing Risk with a bunch of real peoples lives.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
This a fair bet. Any takers ??
Seems like if Putin starts lobbing nukes odds are good nukes fly the other direction. At which point we will be starving to death in nuclear winter so the silly bet really doesn’t matter much. If he doesn’t drop a nuke, yeah great bet.

I say he gets killed by his own generals. And we pray whoever takes over isn’t worse than Putin.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
In one of Daniel Silvas spy novels (or was it world war Z?), a character says “Russia’s only hope lies with their women”

that’s always stuck with me

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
There's also the blonde, green eyed, country girl Russian virginal types, every way as hot as your Nordic or Scandinavian hotties, and none the stereotype crazy... don't ask me how I know.

:monkey::):dancing:

re: the OP and bet, it leaves out other equally credible options, such as a false flag. :shrug::socrazy::trout:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I think he has too strong of a self preservation streak to do something that would quickly result in his death, along with millions or billions of others.
He’s a sociopath playing Risk with a bunch of real peoples lives.
What if there is an underlying health issue and he is facing his own mortality and perhaps on top of that medicated?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Well that’s dark for 5:30 am. Surf should be fun when it gets light out