Why white evangelicals worship at the altar of Trumby.....

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
He’s never been funny as a stand-up comic. I’m saying it.
Your opinion of whether he’s funny or not doesn’t mean he’s a failed comedian, especially with the money he pulls in from live shows and specials

There’s definitely people funnier, but it’s pretty crazy to call him a failed comedian. That being said, he’s better at hosting MMA and his podcast

Also, it’s been months since I’ve listened to him ;)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Your opinion of whether he’s funny or not doesn’t mean he’s a failed comedian, especially with the money he pulls in from live shows and specials

There’s definitely people funnier, but it’s pretty crazy to call him a failed comedian. That being said, he’s better at hosting MMA and his podcast

Also, it’s been months since I’ve listened to him ;)
Would you say Rogan is known as a comic of a podcast host and ufc commentator? He got his start as a comic but all of his successes have been down other avenues. Love him or hate him he’s been wildly successful as a podcast host and with his involvement with UFC. But as a comic he’s just mediocre at best.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can't watch standup.

I'm too aware of the artifice.

If you compare an old JR special with the newest, he's greatly improved.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Seems to have worked out pretty well for him
Sitcom success
Reality game show success
And incredible podcast success
Still does stand up for fun
Maybe someday we’ll find out he’s been miserable the whole time, but seems like he’s living his dream, so, good for him
Do you ever judge yourself against hyper successful people and feel like a looser?

I do.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Do you ever judge yourself against hyper successful people and feel like a looser?

I do.
No. Like I said, he might be incredibly miserable. Judging success without knowing someone, and how happy, content, satisfied they doesn’t yield anything useful

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No. Like I said, he might be incredibly miserable. Judging success without knowing someone, and how happy, content, satisfied they doesn’t yield anything useful
You're a better man than I.

I mean, I don't do it all the time.

Maybe for a moment; then I catch myself and say, "Don't do that."

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Would you say Rogan is known as a comic of a podcast host and ufc commentator? He got his start as a comic but all of his successes have been down other avenues. Love him or hate him he’s been wildly successful as a podcast host and with his involvement with UFC. But as a comic he’s just mediocre at best.
At this point? He's probably most well known as a podcast host