Why we build the wall.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Maybe it's already been posted. I just heard it. My daughter is obsessed right now with anything involving Greek mythology and this is from a. musical that tells the tale of Orpheus and Eurydice.

I like it musically but, written in 2006, it also seems weirdly prophetic.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
[HADES]
Why do we build the wall, my children, my children?
Why do we build the wall?

[ALL TOGETHER]
Why do we build the wall?
We build the wall to keep us free
That’s why we build the wall

[HADES]
How does the wall keep us free, my children, my children?
How does the wall keep us free?

[ALL TOGETHER]
How does the wall keep us free?
The wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free

[HADES]
Who do we call the enemy, my children, my children?
Who do we call the enemy?

[ALL TOGETHER]
Who do we call the enemy?
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy

[HADES]
Because we have and they have not, my children, my children
Because they want what we have got

[ALL TOGETHER]
Because we have and they have not
Because they want what we have got
The enemy is poverty

[ALL TOGETHER]
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done

My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty

why we build the wall

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Pull up the ladder, my children, my children. Now we are here let’s prevent others from coming.
Let’s make some laws and say we’re law abiding, and they’re not, my children, my children.
Let’s pretend like they’re subhuman, my children, my children. Let’s pretend that God is on our side and that the poor are suffering because they’re morally deficient

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
"Thank you for your interest in emigrating to America. We are currently admitting about 1M legal immigrants a year and if you're sufficiently qualified then one of them could be you. Please complete the application as follows, and in the essay portion please explain what contributions to our society that you can provide. Your application will be graded on a competitive basis and will be ranked accordingly. Good luck".

Reactions: Bearnie Slanders

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
"Thank you for your interest in emigrating to America. We are currently admitting about 1M legal immigrants a year and if you're sufficiently qualified then one of them could be you. Please complete the application as follows, and in the essay portion please explain what contributions to our society that you can provide. Your application will be graded on a competitive basis and will be ranked accordingly. Good luck".
Pull up the ladder.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Pure strawman, and a dishonest strawman at that.

We admit an average of ~1M qualified immigrants a year into this country through our immigration programs. That's not a "no ladder" situation. If you don't think that's enough then we have an app for increasing those quotas, that app also not being an example of a "no ladder" situation.

The bar for entry isn't even that high, as evidenced by a certain ER regular who has the IQ of a cantaloupe. So we apparently do admit retards.

Every illegal who imposes their presence on us against our will is taking the place of a qualified applicant who is going through the process and are meeting the requirements and is acting in good faith. Those being denied because they didn't make the cutoff are the people who are getting hurt the most. Not that the border activists give a sht about their rights or what's fair to them.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GDaddy said:
Every illegal who imposes their presence on us against our will is taking the place of a qualified applicant who is going through the process and are meeting the requirements
no they're not

that doesn't even make sense

GDaddy said:
Those being denied because they didn't make the cutoff are the people who are getting hurt the most.
"getting hurt the most"...by illegal immigrants?

is someone out there counting the illegals crossing and reducing the immigration quota?

do we adjust our immigration quota based on net illegal immigration?

I feel like I am missing something here...

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

We admit an average of ~1M qualified immigrants a year into this country through our immigration programs. That's not a "no ladder" situation. If you don't think that's enough then we have an app for increasing those quotas, that app also not being an example of a "no ladder" situation.

The bar for entry isn't even that high, as evidenced by a certain ER regular who has the IQ of a cantaloupe. So we apparently do admit retards.

Every illegal who imposes their presence on us against our will is taking the place of a qualified applicant who is going through the process and are meeting the requirements and is acting in good faith. Those being denied because they didn't make the cutoff are the people who are getting hurt the most. Not that the border activists give a sht about their rights or what's fair to them.
it must be painful to be a victim..so often.

Reactions: FecalFace

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

Everything he said is correct, especially the part about retarded cantaloupe.

Reactions: GromsDad

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
no they're not

that doesn't even make sense

"getting hurt the most"...by illegal immigrants?

is someone out there counting the illegals crossing and reducing the immigration quota?

do we adjust our immigration quota based on net illegal immigration?

I feel like I am missing something here...
You’re both right.

I might have worded the first part differently:

The line forms in the rear. No cutting the line. Entiendes buey?

Those being denied tried to do it correctly.

Yes, you’re missing something here.

Javi would be thrilled if you could find it in your heart to sponsor him. He’s got friends if anyone else is interested in sponsoring...

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Half of those here illegally have overstayed visas. They’re not Mexicans at all! But, i guess they’re paying into Social Security, which they’ll never draw from.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Half of those here illegally have overstayed visas. They’re not Mexicans at all! But, i guess they’re paying into Social Security, which they’ll never draw from.
Round them up and deport them.

If you sympathize with illegal immigration you support organized crime.