Why the Democrats FEAR Trump

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
afoaf said:
how did slavery, jim crow laws, and real estate redlining affect blacks' ability to build generational
wealth?
Generational wealth rarely lasts into the 3rd generation, and I believe black real estate ownership rates were higher during the redlining period than they are now, but that's probably a function of the overall lower home ownership rate

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Did you'all know that Santa Cruz county has the 2nd highest poverty rate in the State of California? Just behind LA county. Santa Barbara county is 3rd.

Trump.

There's a lot of fear out there. There are a lot of free benefits/handouts out there that are under scrutiny.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
afoaf said:
you're painting with the broadest brush strokes possible.

what's the unemployment rate demographically?

what is the rate of felony conviction demographically?

how does a felony conviction affect future earning and employment opportunities?

how did slavery, jim crow laws, and real estate redlining affect blacks' ability to build generational
wealth?

how does the autonomy of a district attorney affect the rate at which people are charged, the
crimes they are ultimately charged for, and the sentencing they receive comparatively between
demographics.

how does bias affect hiring and promotional rates.

look at how wealth was disproportionately wiped out among black communities in the subprime
lending scandal and financial crisis....predatory lending practices were targeted at very specific
demographics.

this is part of a broader trend in America that you leave out of the conversation about personal
values and conduct.

consciousness is universal human condition. the ability to reason is universal human condition.
morality is a universal human condition. if there are variances we should look at the environmental
conditions that nurtured these differences.

you can't just say American Blacks are incompatible because they have different values or culture
and be done with it; you're ignoring the externalities that contributed to this state and, therefore, will
never really arrive at a viable solution.
I think you are really reaching here.

Since when is a felony conviction an externality?

Since when is the harsher sentence that automatically gets trigger by the accused's prior offenses (and which is really common in such cases) an externality?

Even if a DA and judge are behaving unfairly in the sentencing, how does someone land in court in the first place via an externality? The most lenient sentence in town is the one you never get because you never did the crime in the first place.

This "generational wealth" of which you speak? Supposedly Only 40% of Americans even plan on leaving an inheritance. That means that the 60% of Americans who aren't getting one include a lot more people than just black people. I'm among that 60%, my parents were both among that 60%, and my kids will likely be among that 60%. So if your plan is to ilk the majority of Americans with being born on 2nd base that's not going to work.

As for the advantages to being raised to be a functional adult who is capable of taking care of themself, I always considered that minimum requirement for not fkg up as a parent. Not some "special advantage that isn't available to most people".

So if I was raised to be functional and that guy over these wasn't, the reason wasnt that I was granted a privilege, it was because that guy got fkt over by his parent(s) who didn't even meet the minimum requirement for being a responsible parent. Their failure doesn't amount to my special advantage. Unless you actually think it's normal to fck up as a parent.

OTOH, if I was raised to be functional and then I subsequently fkt up on my own end, that's not my parent's fault, that's not the state's fault. That's not Trump's fault. That's my fault. They didn't build that failure - I did. With my own two hands.

So if a kid never learns how to read, that's not the result of an externality, that's the result of a parent not TCOB. Even an illiterate parent can get on that kid's ass to learn what they need to learn. Those stories are out there. Kids can now teach themselves, and I'm sure the teachers here will corroborate this - there are few teachers out there who are so completely burned out that they won't kill themselves to help out a kid who actively seeks that help and works the problem.

If a kid is seeing the poor personal example of a parent that's doing drugs or running around and partying or not holding a job, or beating their spouse or doing crimes that's not an externality; that's a parent fkg their kid over.

If a kid never learns how to behave in school and function in a group setting, that's not the result of an externality, that's the result of a parent not impressing upon the kid the fact that their role in school is to STFU and go with the flow.

If a kid doesn't attend school enough to get passed forward until they earn the participation award HS diploma that's not the result of an externality, that's the result of the parent not forcing the kid to go to school every day.

Etc, etc.

These people are not inherently inferior to you; they're not your pets. They have their own agency, so their successes are their successes (and good for them) and their failures are their failures (sux to be them). If someone grows up without the abject fear of failure motivating them to do whatever it takes to not fail then they're fkg up. Virtually all functional people have that chip.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Going back to Baltimore
85% of people 25 or over have at least a HS education, 30% have a 4-yr degree and 14.4% have a professional degree.

9% of residents speak a language other than English at home

46% of housing units are owner-occupied
Median value of owner-occupied housing @ 2016 was $153,000
Mortgage payment at 100% LTV and 4% interest rate is $730/mo, which amounts to 18% of the monthly median income of $3,914/mo, and is $200 less than the median rent of $999/mo.

52% of residents report no religion

El Paso
78% of people 25 or over have at least a HS education, 24% have a 4-yr degree and 8% have a professional degree.

70% of residents speak a language other than English at home

59% of housing units are owner-occupied
Median value of owner-occupied housing @ 2016 was $125,300
Mortgage payment at 100% LTV and 4% interest rate is $598/mo, which amounts to 16.6% of the monthly median income of $3,600/mo, and is $200 less than the median rent of $769/mo.

42% of residents report no religion

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
these are externalities that other races don't bear in the same way that african americans have.

These people are not inherently inferior to you; they're not your pets
you're the one implying inferiority (or defectiveness)

police kill blacks at 3x the rate that they kill whites. 1/3rd of those victims in 2014 were
unarmed.

fewer than 1/3rd were even suspected/alleged of being violent or armed

and, again, if you think that african american culture is deficient and is responsible for
higher rates of violent crime please explain to me why you think that is the case or, more
importantly, why my question about the genesis of that culture is "really reaching"

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
afoaf said:
We get it. You think black people are violent in general
the problem is that he does everything but say that outright.

I think that's the most interesting fact of all.
This is the problem with GDaddy and ifallalot.

They are parroting the fascist talking points but refuse to own their bigotry.

We are supposed to find new words to describe them because they don’t like the ones that are already in the dictionary.

WE BUILT THIS

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
fascist talking points
Do you think if you keep repeating this lie enough it will somehow become true?
You're delusional.

You are repeating white power vomit word for word.

From muslim bans to "defending" Western Culture, screeching "we built this" to chauvinism, transphobia and other white man's struggles.

You don't even think that Proud Bois are a far-right group. :roflmao:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
Delusional? :roflmao:

Look in the mirror, you're a joke
See? You can't own it.

You don't deny that you stand for the same fascist sh!t that white supremacist do but you are denying that you're it.

No balls. :loser:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

See? You can't own it.

You don't deny that you stand for the same fascist sh!t that white supremacist do but you are denying that you're it.

Own what? :roflmao: The only one who thinks my views are "fascist" is you, and you're incorrect because you have no idea what fascist means and you incorrectly categorize anything you disagree with as fascist. Get a grip

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

See? You can't own it.

Own what? :roflmao: The only one who thinks my views are "fascist" is you, and you're incorrect because you have no idea what fascist means and you incorrectly categorize anything you disagree with as fascist. Get a grip

You just can't own it. You belong to Proud Bois for fücks sake. :roflmao:

Fascist talking points 101:

- Muslim Ban

- Anti-immigration

- Ethnically selective immigration

- "Defending" Western Culture

- Chauvinism

- Transphobia

- Gun Fetish

- "We Built This"

- White man is the victim

- BLM is racist

This is Richard Spencer's agenda, word for word.

The only thing that's missing is anti-semitism.

How do you feel about Jews?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'll give you a hint here, repeating a lie over and over again won't make it come true

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
afoaf said:
these are externalities that other races don't bear in the same way that african americans have.

These people are not inherently inferior to you; they're not your pets
you're the one implying inferiority (or defectiveness)

police kill blacks at 3x the rate that they kill whites. 1/3rd of those victims in 2014 were
unarmed.

fewer than 1/3rd were even suspected/alleged of being violent or armed

and, again, if you think that african american culture is deficient and is responsible for
higher rates of violent crime please explain to me why you think that is the case or, more
importantly, why my question about the genesis of that culture is "really reaching"
I didn't say that questioning the genesis of that culture was reaching. I'm saying that characterizing a felony conviction as an externality is reaching. That citing the lack of inherited wealth - which *most* people don't receive - as a primary driver is a stretch. That citing Jim Crow and Redlining that was outlawed 50 years ago and which is enforced by civil rights investigations as a primary driver for why people are doing crimes in 2018 is a stretch. That citing the abuses from the subprime scandals that touched a large percentage of all buyers during those time frames - and which were *driven* by the politicians agitating for increasing the rate of home ownership - and calling that an example of racism is a stretch.

And to the points made by others, No, i don't think that a person being raised by two parents is the recipient of some special advantage when that has been the norm throughout much of mankind's history. etc., etc.

-------------

We still seem to be going back and forth as to what the extent of these problems even are. So let's just start with one of these problems.

For instance, when you cite the police shooting rates of black people vs white people in those terms that implies an expectation that the rates *should* be more similar. I don't automatically accept that premise and I think it's worth discussing. I think that any group that generates more activity with the police will also generate more of the most negative outcomes.

So WRT negative police contacts, what percentage of such contacts with police do you think is appropriate for a 13% population group that accounts for the following rates of arrest

27% Total of all crimes
52% murder victims
51% murder (corresponds to the rate of victims)
28% rape
53% robbery
32% aggravated assault
29% burglary
29% motor vehicle theft

Forget the drug laws and any other offenses that people might think are inherently racist, and lets just focus on the types of offenses I would hope that nobody is advocating for decriminalizing. Just based on the stats for the major crimes above, what percentage of negative police interactions would you expect for a group with those rates of arrest?

What do you think? Should it be close to 13% (in line with their actual representation in our society) or closer to 30% (in line with their rates of arrests for various crimes)?

--------------------------------------

As for "why people do crimes", who cares? Honestly. I don't respond to that question a lot because I don't care. Do you care? How should a person's motivations for committing robberies or rape or assault impact the public perception when it comes to people making choices about their own risk management? What difference should it make to anyone if their criminal was forced into the life of crime by "externalities" or by their own hand? Do those causes somehow mitigate the damage or somehow render the act more excusable? I don't think so.

I'm more interested in the what than the why.

But anyways - back to the question: What percentage of negative police contact would you want to see for to a population group that racks up those rates of arrests? What do you think is appropriate, and then we can discuss the undesirable outcomes in police shootings within that context.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
why not just cut all the way to the heart of the matter....

what do you think should be done about black people?