Why is wearing a mask so difficult?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
To see the mandate to wear a mask as way to control people (the sheep), you have to deny the the virus is a threat.

Once you start there then it makes total sense that people would want to rebel.

So what does that data say?

Is the virus not.a threat?

What are the people who deny this basing the denial on?
On the threat continuum? Its somewhere between dying by getting hit by a car while riding a bicycle and getting struck by lightning. Is it a threat........sure.......but not the level of threat to healthy people that the left wants us to believe.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
In my book nobody should have a right, outside of purely race, to enter any store where they are not wanted. If the store doesn't want you then you should be forced to leave.

In the Houston area our county exec issued an order that everyone must wear masks in public. Then Texas Governor Abbot countermanded that order, and allowed everyone who wants to go mask-less. Last week the Harris County exec found a loophole in the law which Abbot used. She issued an order saying that she would enforce on businesses that everyone in a business has to wear masks.

I'm all for it. Wear a mask or get the fck out. Your choice. It's a free country. The rest of us have a right not to be infected by you.
you have the right to stay home

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Where do you want to take him where he would have to wear a mask?

I'm like an autistic kid when I get that fucking mask on.

I wear for no more than 7 minutes and then I go full retard anxiety attack.

It really freaks me out.

This is probably a positive because it's made me social distance at an optimal level.

This all the while, I have been working remotely.
any store

any kind of indoor place

some towns even require you wear them walking on the street

Super66

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 24, 2019
There is no science that says wearing a mask made out of t-shirt material does anything useful.

There is science that shows the N95 mask, which filters air much better than random cotton, is ineffective in filtering out virus, including the coronavirus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I thought you wore the mask to prevent the spread if you are shedding virus?

Maybe that is why people don't like it?

It's a selfless act to help others?

You used to say live and let live?

Duffy said 2 million is an acceptable number of dead Americans as long as we get the economy rolling again.

MAGA!!

Super66

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 24, 2019
I thought you wore the mask to prevent the spread if you are shedding virus?

Maybe that is why people don't like it?

It's a selfless act to help others?

You used to say live and let live?
It doesn't though.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
There is no science that says wearing a mask made out of t-shirt material does anything useful.

There is science that shows the N95 mask, which filters air much better than random cotton, is ineffective in filtering out virus, including the coronavirus

Not quite correct. An NCBI-listed study of studies.....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....Results
A total of 19 randomised controlled trials were included in this study – 8 in community settings, 6 in healthcare settings and 5 as source control. Most of these randomised controlled trials used different interventions and outcome measures. In the community, masks appeared to be effective with and without hand hygiene, and both together are more protective. Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. When used by sick patients randomised controlled trials suggested protection of well contacts.

Conclusion
The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Masks are not as effective at keeping coronavirus out as they are at keeping coronasvirus in. That's why it should be most important to each of us that the other guy is wearing a mask.

Reactions: Mr Doof