Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I dunno, man. The government may not be coming for my guns but they are sure making it difficult to continue to be a law abiding, gun owning citizen.

did you see the last round of anti 2a that was just denied in NJ? Effing malarkey. Nothing that is going to deter criminals.

i can’t believe you could even remotely call the action new theme song “aggressive”. They take the news seriously and has a pretty positive message. Why do you hate marching percussion? Pretty boss IMHO.

Do you hate cecily?

yes, that narrative.

8 years of the right screeching OBAMA IS CUMMING FOR YORE GUNNNNZZZZZZZ!!!!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Gotta hand it to the people of Philadelphia for arming themselves and shooting back. Hit the son of a biatch 6 times. That's some mighty fine shootin.

Philadelphia pizza delivery driver shoots armed suspect attempting to carjack him

A Philadelphia delivery driver outwitted a suspect Thursday night while delivering a pizza, drawing his own gun on the armed would-be carjacker, according to a report.

The carjacker, 35, allegedly approached the driver, 39, while he was making a delivery in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, pointing a gun at him and demanding his car, FOX 29 Philadelphia reported.

The driver reportedly pulled out his own gun and shot the suspect multiple times. He was taken into custody and hospitalized in critical condition, according to FOX 29. He has a license to carry, police said, according to WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.

The suspect fired back but the driver wasn't hurt, the station reported. Two others are being questioned in connection to the crime.

Earlier this month, two others shot their would-be carjacker and robber in two separate incidents, according to WCAU-TV in Philadelphia.

Already this year Philadelphia has had more than 90 carjackings, WPVI reported.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
the philly news had video of the aftermath of this incident - and had vid of
what looked like - CENTERFIRE spent cartridges. thats one bad-ass deliverer.. :eek:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So......defund the PPD and let the citizens take up law enforcement?
That sounds like a nice compromise between the left wingnuts who want to defund the PD and the right wingnuts who want to shoot would-be robbers on sight.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I get the feeling that GD is jealous of these guys who get to shoot their robbers
I live in NJ so of course I'm jealous that residents of Pennsylvania can get a carry permit with relative ease. That's how it should be.

So......defund the PPD and let the citizens take up law enforcement?
Citizens should be permitted their god given right to defend themselves without government interference. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I live in NJ so of course I'm jealous that residents of Pennsylvania can get a carry permit with relative ease. That's how it should be.

Citizens should be permitted their god given right to defend themselves without government interference. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Yes, God definitely gave us the right to own a gun. That's what Christianity is all about.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Chocki and GromsDad

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
honest question: what does that mean?
a centerfire bullet is military grade...bigger boom than those favored by street types which around here is usually the 9mm...more powder, more power, more carnage...and....the
carrying of such suggests the deliverer....was looking for trouble....which, i guess, could
be a sign of the times...

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
a centerfire bullet is military grade...bigger boom than those favored by street types which around here is usually the 9mm...more powder, more power, more carnage...and....the
carrying of such suggests the deliverer....was looking for trouble....which, i guess, could
be a sign of the times...
The casings in the video were all standard handgun rounds. If you see something else please show a screen shot or give the time stamp of the video.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
then i stand corrected. i made the assumption from tv news video which to
me looked like cf. hope it wasn't...

on the mainland we have 14 in....you guys get blown out to sea? :drowning:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
If by center fire you mean has a primer in the center of a brass casing that would be pretty much any rifle or handgun cartridge other than a .22 What appeared in the news video were all handgun casings.

As far as snow, its hard for me to tell how much. Being on the island with so much wind and powder snow my back yard ranges from bare ground to four foot deep drifts near my shed and my south fence. Its really wild how snow drifts with these close together houses. One house across the street from me (Ocean Side of the street) has bare sidewalks almost every time we get a snow storm like this while I get deep drifts on my side especially between my house and my much taller neighbor's house.

The last snow storm we got 14 inches officially and the roof of a business collapsed and totaled the building a few blocks from me. Pushed the side walls out and the roof fell in under the weight. The building that collapsed was basically in a hole between taller buildings. The wind the roof lines likely caused a lot more snow to wind up on this one roof. A year from now there will be a monstrosity new building on that lot for sure.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno, man. The government may not be coming for my guns but they are sure making it difficult to continue to be a law abiding, gun owning citizen.

did you see the last round of anti 2a that was just denied in NJ? Effing malarkey. Nothing that is going to deter criminals.
All gun control deters criminals

• Dislike
Reactions: GromsDad

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Back to God says, huh Bible boi?