Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
fairmont fire.
5 y/o lit the xmas tree on fire w/lighter.
not talking about this...:shrug:
Wow. :oops: I knew about the fire when it happened and at that stage the cause was under investigation. At that point the news story was more about living conditions, fire and building codes with this building. Absolute tragedy. I didn't know until your post that a child started it. 12 people dead. Now that I read the story it sounds like all of the 12 people were all friends, family and extended family including his mother and a couple of his sisters. Can you imagine going through life carrying that. Man.....:cry:

All that aside about the boy starting the fire, this was a Philadelphia Housing Authority building and no building in this day and age should be set up with only one exit from a residence unless there is fire suppression in every unit. Knowing it was a Christmas tree and knowing how they go up in a flash its entirely possible that the 12 could have been dead from the smoke and fumes before the fire even really got rolling. The link below is a good video about the building where this happened. Also, if you've never seen video of a Christmas tree fire look it up......then imagine a fire like that going off in a cramped apartment where its likely the tree going up is right beside the only escape.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
But you didn’t answer my question here - why are red CA counties more dangerous than blue counties?
I didn't read your post or the link........only the one below it on this visit to the forum. I don't know, you tell me. Comparing counties is a pretty odd metric let alone to ask someone who lives on the other side about it as if its some sort of gotcha.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I didn't read your post or the link........only the one below it on this visit to the forum. I don't know, you tell me. Comparing counties is a pretty odd metric let alone to ask someone
who lives on the other side about it as if its some sort of gotcha.

But you expect others to watch the Joe Rohan episode?

You've been on a really downward spiral ever since you got grounded and pounded in the 1/6 thread.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
That's some real spin right there. Philadelphia has been run entirely by democrats for over 50 years. Its in a Blue state and across the river from another Blue state. It should be utopia.
Red counties in Ca have been red for decades. They should be crime-free Jesus love zones.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
That's some real spin right there. Philadelphia has been run entirely by democrats for over 50 years. Its in a Blue state and across the river from another Blue state. It should be utopia.
Outside Philly, it's surrounding counties, Pittsburgh and maybe Allentown the state is red and backwards as sh!t. Bunch of conservative, regressive mouth breathers. Harrisburg does everything it can to dick over Philly.
"Pennsylvania...Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between"

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Outside Philly, it's surrounding counties, Pittsburgh and maybe Allentown the state is red and backwards as sh!t. Bunch of conservative, regressive mouth breathers. Harrisburg does everything it can to dick over Philly.
"Pennsylvania...Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between"
it's also heroin country.

but Dummy should go ahead and keep screaming (or rather, dog-whistling) about Philadelphia