Why is a key democrat constituency not getting vaccinated?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
True.

Everything you need to know here:

People who are refusing to get vaccinated are holding the country hostage and are going to rat-fvvk the economy this fall at the rate we're going.
My take.

Here is some important data to consider (taking into account, of course, the gross and well documented inflation of COVID deaths)

1627489789021.png

People who continue to mindlessly consume the fear being generated by mass media are holding the country hostage and are going to rat-fvvk the economy this fall at the rate we're going.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
People who are refusing to get vaccinated are holding the country hostage and are going to rat-fvvk the economy this fall at the rate we're going.
Except they're not holding the country hostage. Nobody is stopping you from wearing a mask in Florida. Nobody is stopping you from avoiding non-essential travel and large gatherings. This is Season 200-something, episode 100-something, in the "Intelligent Design Adherents Reject Galileo" show. We have a readily available vaccine. It should keep you out of the hospital. Are you planning on teaching in a school in Sisterfucker County, Redstate next year? No? Sweet!

You know what is going to ratfvvk the economy? The Fed will feel safe drawing down QE because the GOP won't scream foul play to high heaven like they would if the shoe was on the other foot. The fiscal floodgates are going to "close" (back to Katrina-levels of catastrophic flood, from the Covid-era "build an ark" deluge) because the GOP won't scream foul play to high heaven like they would if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worry about when everyone gets their deadbeat tenants tossed, then lists their 2nd-Nth properties, supply dings prices, then a bunch of people are underwater on homes the bank owns. Worry about interest rates catching up with personal debt.

Not really interested in Biden, Cuomo, and Newsom and the rest of the Left half of the country having a sad because half the Right and 1/5th of the Left is refusing the vaccine.

• Love
Reactions: Phi1

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Me too. Its just about perfect. Old people make the obvious decision to get it because they are the ones who are statistically at risk of serious complications. And they are old, so who cares about the unknown long-term side effects of a drug proven to be short term effective.

Young people don't get it because they are at basically zero risk of serious COVID complications and its borderline criminal to administer them a drug for which we have no long term data on side effects.

View attachment 113688

And now we find ourselves at the place we've wanted to be for so long with this!

View attachment 113689

And we do the obvious thing, which is to tell the CDC and mass media to take their endless fear-mongering and shove it while we continue to apply the scientific method to see where this cool new MRNA tech can take us!
I saw somewhere that the average age of Covid decedent is HIGHER than the average american's life expectancy

if that is true it is simultaneously hilarious and galling that we're dealing with this sh!t the way we are today

Reactions: npsp

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I saw somewhere that the average age of Covid decedent is HIGHER than the average american's life expectancy

if that is true it is simultaneously hilarious and galling that we're dealing with this sh!t the way we are today
Yes that's true, and that number has been proving true for over a year now

Yet somehow we need to stop the economy, mask kids, etc

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So, you are able to post factual information, why don’t you accept the rest of the facts? Why haven‘t the total numbers fallen drastically?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
So, you are able to post factual information, why don’t you accept the rest of the facts? Why haven‘t the total numbers fallen drastically?
Can't tell you why the total numbers haven't fallen. The reason I don't accept the published death counts is that I know nurses in several states who tell me that their hospital's policy is to record *every* death as a covid death as long as the person tested positive for COVID. So people were coming in from brutal car wrecks, testing positive for covid, and dying from the injuries sustained in the car wreck, and being counted as a covid death.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Can't tell you why the total numbers haven't fallen. The reason I don't accept the published death counts is that I know nurses in several states who tell me that their hospital's policy is to record *every* death as a covid death as long as the person tested positive for COVID. So people were coming in from brutal car wrecks, testing positive for covid, and dying from the injuries sustained in the car wreck, and being counted as a covid death.
so much anecdote...we write ALL data off based on this?

it's pretty easy to square up data sets to remove DOA car accident victims from the rolls....no?

the article even states that Alameda adjusted downward to comply with statewide definitions.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
so much anecdote...
guilty as charged :cool:
we write ALL data off based on this?
No. Absolutely not. The data we've been provided is useful for sure. In fact, accepting the numbers currently published really doesn't change my conclusions about the situation in general as the shape of the curve should remain as-is after the numbers are adjusted.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
guilty as charged :cool:

No. Absolutely not. The data we've been provided is useful for sure. In fact, accepting the numbers currently published really doesn't change my conclusions about the situation in general as the shape of the curve should remain as-is after the numbers are adjusted.
yeah, we definitely flattened it. I'm done. coming back to LA after being remote for a couple of weeks without having to mask up anywhere was a rude awakening

at this point, people are probably just prolonging it while big donors reduce their masks-for-sale inventory

it's a grift now

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
At the end of the day, I don't know a single person who died from Covid and the only person I know who has become seriously ill is my personal physician who was an early case and was hospitalized for a week. I only know a handful of people who tested positive and of those only four (including my dr) who had any symptoms at all. Now you would think that being in NJ at ground zero I'd have seen a lot of it.

The virus never lived up to the hype even at its peak and it is beyond ludicrous for the media and politicians to be ramping up the hype machine again. Just got home from a Dr. appointment and was subjected to TV news in the waiting room for half an hour. The frantic hype coverage was absolutely absurd.

Reactions: crustBrother

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Except they're not holding the country hostage. Nobody is stopping you from wearing a mask in Florida. Nobody is stopping you from avoiding non-essential travel and large gatherings. This is Season 200-something, episode 100-something, in the "Intelligent Design Adherents Reject Galileo" show. We have a readily available vaccine. It should keep you out of the hospital. Are you planning on teaching in a school in Sisterfucker County, Redstate next year? No? Sweet!

You know what is going to ratfvvk the economy? The Fed will feel safe drawing down QE because the GOP won't scream foul play to high heaven like they would if the shoe was on the other foot. The fiscal floodgates are going to "close" (back to Katrina-levels of catastrophic flood, from the Covid-era "build an ark" deluge) because the GOP won't scream foul play to high heaven like they would if the shoe was on the other foot.

Worry about when everyone gets their deadbeat tenants tossed, then lists their 2nd-Nth properties, supply dings prices, then a bunch of people are underwater on homes the bank owns. Worry about interest rates catching up with personal debt.

Not really interested in Biden, Cuomo, and Newsom and the rest of the Left half of the country having a sad because half the Right and 1/5th of the Left is refusing the vaccine.
water shortage too.

Humans need fresh water to survive

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

You should look into 1980s urban legends. "I know a guy who's cousin this happened to......". And your story is complete horse sh!t.

These numbers are high because medical professionals have made evaluations and reported them as accurately as possible.

You're just another nihilistic white noise of the erBB.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You should look into 1980s urban legends. "I know a guy who's cousin this happened to......". And your story is complete horse sh!t.

These numbers are high because medical professionals have made evaluations and reported them as accurately as possible.

You're just another nihilistic white noise of the erBB.
#BelieveAllNurses you bigot

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
medical professionals have made evaluations and reported them as accurately as possible.
Stepped back this morning and took a fresh look at the information available, and I think you're probably right about that with respect to death counts. Just because I've heard of a few problems with the system doesn't mean the entirety is so flawed as to be completely discredited.

But that's just me doing my "nihilistic white noise" thing.

:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf