Why haven't Americans accepted the bidet?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
I prefer hard solid stools so I don’t have to wipe. Eat flax seeds for that.

Reactions: Ifallalot

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
It's high time that we ask ourselves if tissue alone is sufficient.
I always thought that bidets were useless. Then I bought a house that had one.
Much to my surprise, I found the bidet to be an essential and extremely useful bathroom fixture.
Once you go "bidet" you won't go back.

Sep 27, 2019
Guess we'll get there someday since it's more eco-friendly (probably more efficient too).
Ironically, one of the most successful bidet models was invented in the U.S. in the 60s by Arnold Cohen. When he first began marketing his model, 99 percent of people in the U.S. had never heard of a bidet, which made sales stateside slow growing. A company named Toto saw the potential and repackaged Cohen’s concept as a 'washlet' in the 80s. That hybrid toilet-bidet appliance is now installed in more than 81% of Japanese homes.

Last edited:

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Guess we'll get there someday since it's more eco-friendly (probably more efficient too).
Ironically, one of the most successful bidet models was invented in the U.S. in the 60s by Arnold Cohen. When he first began marketing his model, 99 percent of people in the U.S. had never heard of a bidet, which made sales stateside slow growing. A company named Toto saw the potential and repackaged Cohen’s concept as a 'washlet' in the 80s. That hybrid toilet-bidet appliance is now installed in more than 81% of Japanese homes.
Washlets are nice and becoming a little bit more popular in the USA. They arent more eco friendly in my experience though. They use more electricity and water, and you still need to use paper with them.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Get in the habit of duecing before your morning shower. No swamp arse, problem solved.

More adults seem to be buying baby wipes these days. Maybe it's the analingus renaissance?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I never figured out how to use the nasty little buggers. Eerytime I try it I end up soaking myself and the entire room. One needs proper training before indulding in some real Bidet action.

• Haha
Reactions: anothergrom

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I liked those japanese ones with the warm water

they have an attachment you can install on your home toilet

those are pretty neat

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Get in the habit of duecing before your morning shower. No swamp arse, problem solved.

More adults seem to be buying baby wipes these days. Maybe it's the analingus renaissance?
yes and yes.
Baby wipes are a top 10 road trip item in areas with bad or no facilities.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
people here still freak about nipples its no wonder they aren't open to shooting water up their butts. unless its for weight loss, then fire away!

• Haha
Reactions: Maz

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
The Japanese have found a way to make your ass feel respected after dropping off the kids at the pool. Warm seats, warm water, air jets for drying. And yet I've squat til my legs ached in Japan as well.