Why are so many young healthy people having cardiac issues?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Wow

So we shouldn't even examine the rate jumping up and the correlating factors that happened just before that jumping rate?

Better living through chemistry
um, i wrote

im not saying there isn’t anything more going on now that’s contributing to it
and I’m not saying causes shouldn’t be investigated

Reactions: Ifallalot

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Did young people not die before covid?

I lost a ton of frineds under 50 over years pre covid.

There is a line in my book Wisdom of the Lemon Tree that addresses these deaths,
They did
that was my point
i meant to say I accepted long ago that people in their 50s suddenly drop dead
oops

Reactions: Autoprax and afoaf

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Ah, behold! The undeniable truth unveils itself, like a mesmerizing dance of fate and destiny. Forsooth, the COVID vaccine, in its mysterious ways, doth stir the hearts of young athletes, triggering passionate echoes of affliction.

• Haha
Reactions: hammies

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Ah, behold! The undeniable truth unveils itself, like a mesmerizing dance of fate and destiny. Forsooth, the COVID vaccine, in its mysterious ways, doth stir the hearts of young athletes, triggering passionate echoes of affliction.
wasn't it commotio cordis that caused Hamlin's cardiac arrest?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
*chuckles in Boomer* That’s ALWAYS happened. I remember in the summer of ’69 before I moved out to Los Angeles the entire starting lineup of the Minnetonka Muskrats had a heart attack after doing blow off each-others’ low backs.

Reactions: 2surf

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
*chuckles in Boomer* That’s ALWAYS happened. I remember in the summer of ’69 before I moved out to Los Angeles the entire starting lineup of the Minnetonka Muskrats had a heart attack after doing blow off each-others’ low backs.
I'm not seeing anything here about the vaccine

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Since I am a visual guy, I always go to the graphs.

In Fig. 1 it seems like through the 2nd half of 2019 and into 2020, they averaged around 8 cardiac arrests per week. For unknown reasons, this dropped to about 6 - 7 during the first year of Covid, then jumped up to about 10 per week for Feb-Mar of 2021; after that the numbers seem to be reverting back to 2019's mean of closer to 8 per week. It appears that during those same two months of Feb and Mar they were giving up to a quarter million vax doses per week, which may or may not have cause the additional 2 cardiac arrests per week.
View attachment 147181

In Fig. 2 it appears that ACS cases wobbled around 30 per week except for those same two months of 2021, when they jumped up to about 40 - 45 per week. The vax counts are the same as above.

View attachment 147182

Sadly, the data appears to end in June of 2021, the study is from May of 2022. A longer dataset would be instructive in drawing any strong conclusions, as vaccinations have been ongoing since then and it would be easier to validate or refute the hypothesis that vaccines cause an increase in cardiac problems. A substantial event in the last 10% of a dataset makes it really hard to develop a decent conclusion.