Who's working? Who's not?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
My work is open. My office mate takes the train everyday. I’ve asked 3 times to have my office moved. The answer is no. I’m not sure I want to go in. I took the last week off.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Wine and spirit sales in LA for a small Italian importer. None of our winery people have it yet that we have heard...wineries do tend to be away from urban centers. Obviously restaurants are dead, retail is not doing much better. Restaurants trying to stay open with curbside and delivery is a nice try but not a long-term answer, neither are gift cards if they never re-open, which will unfortunately be the reality for many, especially young ones. Hell, there's Michelin starred places offering delivery, it's getting desperate. I'm working from home, organizing my portfolio of accounts, prospecting for the future, staying in touch by email and phone with retail accounts, working on projects to improve our website and efficiency as a company.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I'm in the trades. I won't go near any lumber yard or supply house. Immigrant labor will be a huge disease vector (sorry fecal). 3 and 4 generations living under the same roof. Poor, so they have to work. Uneducated, so they don't know better.

I won't enter any structure, and my clients agree to keep their distance.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Broadcast engineer. We're still working limited shifts, but getting paid in full

As of this week there is no one else here anymore besides security, IT, and us. We're basically here to make sure the power and HVAC stays on, and if it goes down, do what we need to do to save the equipment

Reactions: CutnSnip

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Working from home, but I officially am a work from home employee
I work for a software company, on the sales side of the business, but not actually sales
cowabunga
rg

Reactions: afoaf

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I'm in the trades. I won't go near any lumber yard or supply house. Immigrant labor will be a huge disease vector (sorry fecal). 3 and 4 generations living under the same roof. Poor, so they have to work. Uneducated, so they don't know better.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
our school district has us working remotely with the school year continuing in one form or another starting on monday after a one week pause for planning, they are providing computers to kids who need them etc, they wanted us to go into our classrooms and get ready but they hadn't finished sanitizing yet so i took a pass on that, will be using google sites and probably google classroom, other than that i've been planting fruit trees, veggies, lettuce, fruit etc in every spot on my property. good weeding weather, with rain then sun then rain then sun, my kids are helping out a lot around the house and yard, and my oldest is showing off her three years of culinary classes every night.. stay well

Reactions: JBerry

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
My girlfriend is completely freaking that I’m still working.

she can work from home, I can’t.
Yeah. I don’t know what to do. I can use up my vacation. I am worried about the guy who takes the train. I’m scared in general. I don’t know if I’m over reacting, but I don’t want to risk it. I’m more afraid of catching it and being fucked up (lungs) rest of life than dying. Also, I would guess whoever’s been out to Costco or done panic shopping has been exposed. I was at Costco Monday.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
NJ announced a lockdown although with a ton of exemptions, construction seems to be exempt.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR

Yet everysurfdouche still makes his crew go in and work everyday anyway, while sequesters himself.

Is he enforcing "social distancing" on them? Make them stay home, like he is?

Will he pay them if they're forced to take sick leave for weeks?

Someone please ask him that or forward this question. (since he has me in the cornfield)

Such an elitist douche this erBB has yet to see.

Reactions: Ifallalot