Who Here Has Had COVID?

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Dodged it for 2.5 years (during which time I was not hiding at home). Triple vaccinated. Caught it 8-10 days ago from work conference in town. Once it came on it felt just like the last flu I had in 2018. Fever, chills, etc. Better after a week but lingering cough is annoying. Surfed this AM and was nice to get back in the water.

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Never had it and never gotten any jab for it. Been tested countless times for various reasons. . Its gone though my house a couple times from my daughter but very mildly. I damn near tried to get it. Ive eaten from the same utensils and drank from the same cup multiple times when she had it and still, I tested negative. The sh!t dont want me. Very strange virus. Ive often wondered if certain blood types are more susceptible to it.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yeah, i had it once, right before Christmas last year
felt really tired and achy for 3 days, but the first of the days way way more achy , where I couldn’t get comfortable, couldnt wath tv or listen to music
that led to me losing taste and smell for a few weeks
poor timing with the holidays and things we only have once a year, and I couldn’t tast anything

i’ve had upper respiratory symptoms twice since Covid, tested negative for one, in March or April. Since then my senses of taste and smell aren’t the same, and some stuff tastes and smells really bad

the other upper respiratory symptoms were back in February 2020 as it was just spreading in Seattle, I was there for conference with a few thousand people

it was before testing or anything was known about it. I felt knocked out for 2 days and then drove about 8 hours to jay peak by myself to meet up with a bunch of friends
they weren’t so sure they wanted me there, but they didn’t tell me not to go
i told them it’s not Covid because I can take a deep breathe and hold it for a while. i have no idea where I got that one from

one of the guys that was with us developed a brain infection a couple of months later, and died a few months after that. I’ll always wonder if it couldve been related to something I spread.

the thought of being cavalier about it and then killing a friend I’d been friends for for almost 40 years makes me very sad

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Got COVID after coming back from Africa while changing planes at Heathrow which at that time had not closed to travelers from S. Africa, the hotbed of Omicron....then got back to California and proceeded to infect 6 people at a family Christmas party then proceeded to get very sick. Sore throat, wildly delirious and massive body temp swings. Fortunately, my doctor was able get the anti-Covid pill (whatever it was called) and it worked, stayed in bed all week and flew home to Latin America the week after Christmas. Been ok since, but hopefully nvr have to go through again.

A good friend I spent time in Nicaragua with in the 90's died from lingering COVID complications related to thrombosis in her lungs a few days ago, she'd been a ski guide in Colorado for 20 years and never had any health probs. That sh*t is real.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Got it during the omicron phase here. Felt like sh!t for five days or so, though I don't remember having too bad mucous. After the initial sickness I was still run down for another two weeks or so. Felt exhausted and slept like 14 hours a day.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Remember specifically - Wildcard NFL playoffs January 4th, 2020, had a light, persistent cough that my neighbor commented on as we watched football. The next day I had chills, fever, fatigue... the whole enchilada. Month of January was a loss. No tests available, but I had it.
Was dumb and tried paddling out in early February in San Diego... 6-8 foot faces - occasional 10, pitching, and consistent. Duckdove about 10 waves trying to get out and turned around gassed, and came back in. Took a bit to get my rhythm/breathing back.

Had it again a couple months ago. Had the chills for a night, light cough, and fatigue for a week. I had my first booster back in December.

Reactions: keenfish

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had twice. The second time was less severe but it still sucked.

I had lasting fatigue for months.

I still have tinittus.

I have friends who never got.

They think it's a nothing burger.

For them it is.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Pal of mine got the delta variant from last year - all the regular symptoms and tinnitus. Took him a few weeks to get better but he still has the tinnitus year plus. Doing everything he can to treat it but is going slowly crazy.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Got Omicron in January. A few days that felt like mild strep throat followed by a couple weeks of fatigue and lethargy. After the initial symptoms passed I paddled out on a head high day at a spot with a well defined channel and was gassed halfway out. Took about 3 weeks to get back to normal.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Had it a couple months ago. I've been sicker with the flu but I was pretty miserable locked in my room for 10 days. The day I got out my Wife and eldest son tested positive. My Wife and I are triple vaxed my eldest double. My youngest son who shares a bedroom with his brother is unvaxed and never got it.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Twice. The Omicron and something slightly less on the 2nd bout.
High fever, body aches, required to stay away from work for two weeks. No side effects. Lost 15 pounds. Just ate homemade chicken noodle soup & veggies.

2nd bout, tested positive, light body aches, low fever, 99.9* / 100*. 7 days @home.