Who Here Has Had COVID?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
My gross kids gave it to me a month or so ago. Was sick for a week, then felt blah for another week. Don't get it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’ve had the Jannsen shot. I got omicron which felt like a cold and the one in August which felt like a stronger cold.

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Whole family caught it early 2020 after flying home from a ski trip. Completely different symptoms for all of us. Didn't realize it was C19 til weeks later when doc has us tested for anitbodies. Took months til I could work out at 100% again. Think I may have caught it again but with much milder symptoms.

RayG

Nep status
Dec 3, 2002
Astoria, NY USA
All boosters up to date (other than the latest variant booster- still waiting). Tested positive after a Christmas '21 get-together.
No symptoms at all, nothing. If I didn't have to be tested twice a week for work purposes (at the time), I wouldn't have known.

Now- only test after large party situations (weddings, b'day's, etc...), so 5 or 6 times since then and all were negative.

Jul 25, 2020
My wife and I are boosted and got it this July up in Canada despite continuing to be pretty careful. I think we caught it on a ferry. Started with a scratchy throat and then went straight to my chest. Mild fever and pretty bad headache and body aches lasted about a week. Felt like the flu. Nagging cough lasted about a month and surfing and aerobic activity in general sucked during this period. It sucked and I hate to think how much worse it would be w/o the vax.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
Had it 2 months ago. Woke up with a fever and full body aches after going to el trafico game. Only other symptom was I was tired as f**k for 3 days. Wife has had it twice. Kid hasn't had it yet.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
one shot of Pfizer before The Plague had its way with me. Caught that crap on a Sunday (no cooincidence). Wednesday evening I could feel it taking hold of me. On Thursday I got a slightly sore throat, Friday even worse. On Saturday it was like my throat was full of burning coal and barbed wire. I was going hard on the painkillers by then. Sunday more of the same, Monday was bad, but it was easing off. On Tuesday I could feel the embers losing their heat. Back to work on Wednesday, still was rough :/

Overall it was fairly horrible. Didn't have any lung issues, just the throat was getting smoked.