who here actually owns the RinseKit?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I've been thinking about getting one. We have a bunch of screen panels like this

that need to have the salt rinsed off of them all the time. A pressure washer uses lots of fresh water and leaves a mess to clean up.

:shrug:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Did you build that place?

Won't the bugs get in in the little crack next to the support beam and the frame for the screen?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Autoprax said:
Did you build that place?

Won't the bugs get in in the little crack next to the support beam and the frame for the screen?
It's Mexico. You only worry about the bugs that can't make it through a chainlink fence.

The house was built by two guys in there late sixties several years ago.

with hand saws, hammers and nails, water level, etc. (no power tools). The screens we had made when my granddaughter showed up. The screen frames are made from Parota, very messy to work with but very termite resistant. The other wood is Palm.

sr04

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 21, 2014
Southern California
I do. I got it as a gift and I do not think it's worth $90.

I've said many times, I love it but it has its drawbacks. Its a lifesaver when we take the fam to the beach.My kids get sandy as FOOOOOOK.

I don't use it very often when I go on solo sessions. Typically revert to hot water in a milk jug for dawn patrol for a few reasons. I live 40 miles from the ocean and at 5:00a the last thing I want to do is stand in the cold while I unhook my hose from the spigot, attach the spigot adapter and take the time to fill it. Most important, I don't like to rinse with cold water when I'm already cold. I'd rather stand at my kitchen sink in the warmth while I fill up a jug with hot water. Plus I'm already in the kitchen filling my Thermos with coffee, duh. Between all the time this takes and trying to find my puffy North Face vest, Uggs, FCS changing parka and matching ground mat it just takes too long. Surfing is a lot of work and I don't want to complicate things any further.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
VonMeister said:
I don't get the need to rinse off. Do you find salt water icky?

Rinsing off is a form of prancing.
Today was definitely icky. Water tasted very earthy (dirt). There were tons of bloated grapes the size of golf balls floating around. Los Angeles after the rain....
Rinsing was a necessity today...

surfapotomus

OTF status
Jan 21, 2014
on a leash
Salt water is damn icky after 8 hours in the office. Rinse Kit earns it's keep when you go to work straight from the beach. Also so my wetsuit isn't sitting in salt water for 10 hours until i get home

mrstaggerlee

Phil Edwards status
Jan 6, 2009
patrolman said:
VonMeister said:

Today was definitely icky. Water tasted very earthy (dirt). There were tons of bloated grapes the size of golf balls floating around. Los Angeles after the rain....
Dude....grapes? #ihopeURright

PhatCruiser

Michael Peterson status
Feb 8, 2007
I have a rusty can that I use for rinsing and urinating in because using a toilet isn't core, man. Anyone who does differently is a kook! You better not use a leash either. Any a you homos use a leash, I'll kill ya.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
patrolman said:
VonMeister said:

Now I have a sore throat......maybe I should have waited the 72 hours?

AbeVigoda

Nep status
Oct 13, 2015
Venice, CA
patrolman said:
patrolman said:
VonMeister said:

Now I have a sore throat......maybe I should have waited the 72 hours?
I saw some of those things floating around. Pretty gnarly. The brown/green water felt like I was paddling around in the trash depository from Star Wars, Caught some fun ones though.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
potomus said:
Salt water is damn icky after 8 hours in the office. Rinse Kit earns it's keep when you go to work straight from the beach. Also so my wetsuit isn't sitting in salt water for 10 hours until i get home
If you work at a job where a post surf rinse kit douche suffices for a shower, it doesn't matter anyway.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
I bought two just so I could post some stupid photos of it in the hopes that it would make a couple of you dumbasses laugh.

I gave one away as a gift, so now I only have one.

Still haven't used it the way it was intended to be used.

This last one was for the "Do You Rinse Fruit Before You Eat It?" thread: