Who have thunk?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Dave's a defense guy. Florida fans are obsessed with offense, especially passing. The fanbase so far seems to want Lane Kiffin or Billy Napier.
Billy Napier would be a great hire except he's turned down other SEC jobs in the past. It should be foregone that he's going to LSU but they may fuck this up. While I believe Lane Kiffin was the scape goat for a program that was under something just shy of the death penalty....he still hasn't matured enough to be on a team that matters.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Didn't Ed O try and fook a boosters wife at a gas station or something.
GEAUX TIGAHZ!!!

Urban was apparently tuning students at UF, Kirk Herbstreit has rumors flying, I heard Lane banged Saban's daughter...

Kiffin being immature is a decent fit. Florida fans want a troll who puts up passing numeros.

Will Muschamp had maturity. He also didn't have enough scholarship offensive lineman to scrimmage one spring.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Pre-legalization, standard prices were $50-60 per eighth of weed.

Now that same sh!t is down as low as $10/8th. Well, I occasionally splurge and go for the $25 stuff.

And that's AFTER taxes.

So that whole argument about legalization making everything more expensive is absolute horseshit. Take the black market away and prices drop.

EDIT: sorry, looked back, realized you were saying legal AND taxfree. For some reason, got it in my head that you wanted back to pre-legal days. Either way, it's worked out positively. And the government will step on anything anyone else would. Always the pinch.
Derp.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Not only does gov't. get the revenues, they avoid the hideous costs of prohibition...unsuccessful prohibition at that. Considering the benefits they gain, potheads could wait for nat'l. decriminalization before complaining too much about taxation.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Alcohol lobby (financing campaigns/parties) is gonna make sure this happens asap. They have the distribution channels ready to go nationwide. Products are small, lightweight, shipping THC versus alcohol will be a breeze and cost very little.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The bill features a 3% excise tax to be used for criminal justice reform, community policing programs and funds to combat the opioid crisis. She wrote it because pot helped her through the trauma of rape.

GOP Rep. Nancy Mace's cannabis decriminalization bill is personal – and a matter of principle | Fox News
She probably wrote it to advance her profile/re-election. She's a politician. Her district is the South Carolina coast, which along with Columbia is way, way, way more left leaning than the rest of the state. Previous rep in that district was a Democrat. This is some insurance that she's not a complete hardliner.

She seems like a Republican Tulsi Gabbard.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm upside down on CGC so badly, but have been hodl because I'm hoping decrim makes me whole again....someday

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I'm upside down on CGC so badly, but have been hodl because I'm hoping decrim makes me whole again....someday
I don't see the long term upside with weed stocks. At the end of the day they are a Smurfs sweet and delicious bag of sugar-hair of the overall agriculture picture. Short term emotional gains followed by long term. At some point all the hardware is going to be owned by conglomerates and the weed companies are just going to be stuck to the commodity market. There's no upside there unless you re on the PE side and betting on consumption.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I don't see the long term upside with weed stocks. At the end of the day they are a Smurfs sweet and delicious bag of sugar-hair of the overall agriculture picture. Short term emotional gains followed by long term. At some point all the hardware is going to be owned by conglomerates and the weed companies are just going to be stuck to the commodity market. There's no upside there unless you re on the PE side and betting on consumption.
my research: I LIKE TO GET HIGH

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
my research: I LIKE TO GET HIGH
You should have just bought weed and with the money you saved bought CVX...which you would be selling today to buy much better weed with your winnings.

I bought FSR on 8/12/2021 on a whim that it would become the electric car markets Honda Civic. My thought process on this was that most people who shop for affordable cars shop for payment. You know, the people who look at a car and negotiate off the worksheet with the salesman. These people are fucked when they walk through the door......but they are comfortable with payments because everything they do is on credit...they don't care if a 30k car costs them 150k over the haul as long as it fits their budget. Drive down any freeway or road in America and you see they are dominated by base model cars. These are the margin drivers of the commodity car business. None of them pay cash or arrange their own financing. Minimum down, Offer the next model up with the upgraded cloth seats and they break the budget by 75 bucks. This is Fisker's market. Try and find out how much an Ocean costs on their website and you need to do a lot of searching. But the payment is right there. $379 bucks and you never have to buy gas again. I still think it's a buy today. I don't know why I didn't mention it before today. @Sharkbiscuit

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Yeah there's lots of more prestigious jobs but Stanford is comfy. The comfiest jobs are turning a cellar dweller into regularly bowl-eligible or a mid-pack team into NY6 contention. The people appreciate you, they want you to stay and build a legacy...

Mullen had to go after the team basically quit on him. IMHO there's no fixing a lost locker room. I agreed with the fans' perceptions of recruiting.

But to be disappointed in Peach Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Cotton Bowl...I was watching the Cotton Bowl before the Conference Participation Trophy Game was a thing. I watched Spurrier and Meyer lose in the Outback/Citrus bowls. Nobody remembers the disappointments that did exist in those days.

If Florida has less than 275 yards passing at halftime, you can't take a **** in The Swamp without hearing several dozen illiterate morons above fatal BAC wondering "WHUDDA YOO THANK....IF SPURR-YER AND THE BACKUP QB COME OUT OF THE TUNNEL FOR THE THIRD QUARTER"
Lincoln Riley. This is as Pete Caroll as you're going to get without bringing back Pete Caroll. I guess USC will go back to being USC....Heisman QB's...hanging 50+ on every opponent while giving up 35. I'll take it.

Reactions: Kento