Who have thunk?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Oklahoma has lax laws and now people are complaining because rando Chinese people are buying their lands and their realtors won't tell them to go be Chinese somewhere else because that's illegal.

LMAO you want to bet on the House vote, which party throws down more yeas if it is actually taken up?

It's amusing how my perception of Republicans is retarded Baptists and yours is Western Libertarians.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....but if you had Dan Mullen outlasting Joe Biden in employment term you just lost. :roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....but if you had Dan Mullen outlasting Joe Biden in employment term you just lost. :roflmao:
My point replying to grapedrink is that the instant lack of regulation crept into weed, people in one of the most Conservative states had a poopy doody over it because CHAI NAH got in on it.

My point replying to you is that the Democrats are still more in favor of decriminalization than the Republicans, and I'm willing to put money where mouth is on the sheet. Also that I think your perception may be clouded by being a Republican in the West, where being in favor of decriminalization is far more common, especially at the elected politician level. Look at the deuce Kristi Noem is trying to take on it in South Dakota, and you're not even East of the Mississippi yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got 62 put on you by the boys in sissy blue and now you're trying to kick someone while they're down? Understandable. You have 62 reasons to be ornery.

Dang Mullet.....the team was starting to quit on him, so he had to go, but this fanbase is just inexcusable. Three NY6 Bowls and they're disappointed. Florida hadn't done jack sh!t, ever, until Spurrier showed up, and when Urban Meyer had more convicted murderers than the team in that jail football movie.

The thing that shits me is there's like 20 schools that these talking head morons think is a top 5 job, and for like 90% of them, somehow USC isn't on the list. I fucking hate you condoms, but USC is pretty high up the recruits itself list. The Pac-12 South has been nobody for all eternity. It's the Antarctica of conferences, and USC is the leopard seal surrounded by penguins. And you're in LA, with piles and piles of money. Most schools are in complete flyover hick towns, crack traps, or both. Like LSU. You own Louisiana in recruiting, but you also have to live in Baton Rouge. Look at poor Mike Leach. Air Raid mastermind, and he's had to live in Lubbock, Pullman, and Starkville.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My point replying to grapedrink is that the instant lack of regulation crept into weed, people in one of the most Conservative states had a poopy doody over it because CHAI NAH got in on it.
Still having trouble comprehending this comment. Humboldt County in particular had so many cumbersome rules and taxes that many of the old time growers said fook this and went back to grey/black market. It only made sense for them if they had the funds and desire to scale up and be legit, whereas you can still have a pretty good sized "medical" grow without all of that.

As opposed to OK, where labor, electricity (or sunlight) and real estate is cheap which allows for a cheap-to-scale operation. Lots of legal pot growers are zeroing in on OK and nearby states for this exact reason.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

My point replying to you is that the Democrats are still more in favor of decriminalization than the Republicans, and I'm willing to put money where mouth is on the sheet. Also that I think your perception may be clouded by being a Republican in the West, where being in favor of decriminalization is far more common, especially at the elected politician level. Look at the deuce Kristi Noem is trying to take on it in South Dakota, and you're not even East of the Mississippi yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got 62 put on you by the boys in sissy blue and now you're trying to kick someone while they're down? Understandable. You have 62 reasons to be ornery.

Dang Mullet.....the team was starting to quit on him, so he had to go, but this fanbase is just inexcusable. Three NY6 Bowls and they're disappointed. Florida hadn't done jack sh!t, ever, until Spurrier showed up, and when Urban Meyer had more convicted murderers than the team in that jail football movie.

The thing that shits me is there's like 20 schools that these talking head morons think is a top 5 job, and for like 90% of them, somehow USC isn't on the list. I fucking hate you condoms, but USC is pretty high up the recruits itself list. The Pac-12 South has been nobody for all eternity. It's the Antarctica of conferences, and USC is the leopard seal surrounded by penguins. And you're in LA, with piles and piles of money. Most schools are in complete flyover hick towns, crack traps, or both. Like LSU. You own Louisiana in recruiting, but you also have to live in Baton Rouge. Look at poor Mike Leach. Air Raid mastermind, and he's had to live in Lubbock, Pullman, and Starkville.
The top job comes down to the preference of the coach and where he wants to live or how he feels he can work with the school admin....

The Top jobs in the US are in no order

1A (The tradition group)
Alabama Tradition of winning
Notre Dame Is Notre Dame
USC Tradition of winning in the past......but now that players can be paid for their likeness or be signed to Snoop Dogs label, it's where the money is. Even Clay Helton was able to grab 5 star players.

Followed extremely closely by

1B
LSU
Ohio State (Maybe 1A??)
Texas
Oklahoma

Who is followed extremely closely by

1C
Michigan
Georgia
Clemson
Florida
Texas A&M

The difference between all the jobs above very small. I will say Florida State is a disaster right now and it's debatable if the university even wants a football program,...they sure don't act like it. My fear is that Carol Folt is going to take SC in that direction.

The next bucket is filled with SEC teams, Penn State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Miami, maybe UCLA.

All the rest are transient jobs.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Pre-legalization, standard prices were $50-60 per eighth of weed.

Now that same sh!t is down as low as $10/8th. Well, I occasionally splurge and go for the $25 stuff.

And that's AFTER taxes.

So that whole argument about legalization making everything more expensive is absolute horseshit. Take the black market away and prices drop.

EDIT: sorry, looked back, realized you were saying legal AND taxfree. For some reason, got it in my head that you wanted back to pre-legal days. Either way, it's worked out positively. And the government will step on anything anyone else would. Always the pinch.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Damnit between the Trojans and Raiders, it was practically a Wilting. I expected the slaughter in the former, well, and in the latter too. Was pretty irritated in 2nd Quarter as some serious bullshit calls (especially that offensive PI) against USC with corresponding non-calls against UCLA. But that kind of irritation lessened after defense gave up several touchdowns. Officiating woes kind of go in the gutter when that happens. Trash O-Line, trash defense, poor playcalling. But the QB Dart is very good. For a first start, yeah he made mistakes but he was throwing dimes. Too bad Rickey Dudley reincarnated into the entire receiving corps.

Would be nice to get a quality head coach. And maybe some decent recruiting of local talent.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
1B
Ohio State (Maybe 1A??)

Who is followed extremely closely by

1C
Michigan
Georgia
Clemson
Florida
Texas A&M
You put Michigan in 1C and Ohio State in 1B for how many times you got it pushed in during the Schembeckler Schnellenberger whatever. There is no planet upon which Michigan isn't 1A. And I hate those otherfckrs.

Still having trouble comprehending this comment.
I got your back, homie.

As opposed to OK, where labor, electricity (or sunlight) and real estate is cheap which allows for a cheap-to-scale operation. Lots of legal pot growers are zeroing in on OK and nearby states for this exact reason.
Yeah, and the consequences of such are generating momentum for some pushback and tightening up. Everyone is for deregulation until there's a refinery next door and Red Lee and Black Lee are taking all the sets on 8'2" LazyBoys.

Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
You put Michigan in 1C and Ohio State in 1B for how many times you got it pushed in during the Schembeckler Schnellenberger whatever. There is no planet upon which Michigan isn't 1A. And I hate those otherfckrs.

I got your back, homie.

Yeah, and the consequences of such are generating momentum for some pushback and tightening up. Everyone is for deregulation until there's a refinery next door and Red Lee and Black Lee are taking all the sets on 8'2" LazyBoys.

If every job on the list above Michigan was open how many candidates would choose Michigan over them who aren't alumni or from the state? Michigan is Auburn albeit with a historical advantage.

I probably should have ranked Stanford higher. As far as jobs go can it be any better? You'll never be on the hot seat. You'll be one of the highest paid coaches in football. You will have by far the smartest Power 5 team in football so you're guaranteed to win a few games you shouldn't every year. Also you won't have a band geek begging to go over his latest version of the third down or defensive song/chant with you when you're trying to game prep.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If every job on the list above Michigan was open how many candidates would choose Michigan over them who aren't alumni or from the state? Michigan is Auburn albeit with a historical advantage.
I grew up a Notre Dame fan. Florida played Michigan three times in four years after the 2019 Peach Bowl. So I do hate these people.

Michigan is the winningest college football program of all time. They play in the largest stadium. Sparty is the analogous team to The Barn. Michigan is analogous to The Gumps.

Rich Rodriguez had the choice of Alabama or Michigan about 15 years ago, and he chose Michigan. I mean, Saban as consolation prize REALLY worked out, but nonetheless, someone chose Michigan.

Florida, Georgia, and LSU fanbases are something else. How many LSU coaches win Nattys and are still chased out of town before a drunk mob kills them with frog gigs.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I grew up a Notre Dame fan. Florida played Michigan three times in four years after the 2019 Peach Bowl. So I do hate these people.

Michigan is the winningest college football program of all time. They play in the largest stadium. Sparty is the analogous team to The Barn. Michigan is analogous to The Gumps.

Rich Rodriguez had the choice of Alabama or Michigan about 15 years ago, and he chose Michigan. I mean, Saban as consolation prize REALLY worked out, but nonetheless, someone chose Michigan.

Florida, Georgia, and LSU fanbases are something else. How many LSU coaches win Nattys and are still chased out of town before a drunk mob kills them with frog gigs.
Exactly.

Don’t get it twisted, Michigan is one of the top 5 Premiere programs

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I probably should have ranked Stanford higher. As far as jobs go can it be any better? You'll never be on the hot seat. You'll be one of the highest paid coaches in football. You will have by far the smartest Power 5 team in football so you're guaranteed to win a few games you shouldn't every year. Also you won't have a band geek begging to go over his latest version of the third down or defensive song/chant with you when you're trying to game prep.
Yeah there's lots of more prestigious jobs but Stanford is comfy. The comfiest jobs are turning a cellar dweller into regularly bowl-eligible or a mid-pack team into NY6 contention. The people appreciate you, they want you to stay and build a legacy...

Mullen had to go after the team basically quit on him. IMHO there's no fixing a lost locker room. I agreed with the fans' perceptions of recruiting.

But to be disappointed in Peach Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Cotton Bowl...I was watching the Cotton Bowl before the Conference Participation Trophy Game was a thing. I watched Spurrier and Meyer lose in the Outback/Citrus bowls. Nobody remembers the disappointments that did exist in those days.

If Florida has less than 275 yards passing at halftime, you can't take a **** in The Swamp without hearing several dozen illiterate morons above fatal BAC wondering "WHUDDA YOO THANK....IF SPURR-YER AND THE BACKUP QB COME OUT OF THE TUNNEL FOR THE THIRD QUARTER"

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Yeah there's lots of more prestigious jobs but Stanford is comfy. The comfiest jobs are turning a cellar dweller into regularly bowl-eligible or a mid-pack team into NY6 contention. The people appreciate you, they want you to stay and build a legacy...

Mullen had to go after the team basically quit on him. IMHO there's no fixing a lost locker room. I agreed with the fans' perceptions of recruiting.

But to be disappointed in Peach Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Cotton Bowl...I was watching the Cotton Bowl before the Conference Participation Trophy Game was a thing. I watched Spurrier and Meyer lose in the Outback/Citrus bowls.

If Florida has less than 275 yards passing at halftime, you can't take a **** in The Swamp without hearing several dozen illiterate morons above fatal BAC wondering "WHUDDA YOO THANK....IF SPURR-YER AND THE BACKUP QB COME OUT OF THE TUNNEL FOR THE THIRD QUARTER"
Florida is a tough job. Lots of other schools have a lot of success recruiting in the state. Plus the Fanbase/alumni/boosters remember the Spurrier and Meyer days but forget about all the time before, after, and in between. With HR running the whole country right now, especially at universities.... the Miami model of recruiting and transferring in criminals and psychopaths doesn't work anymore so quick turnarounds are tough. Way too much oversight. What does Florida have left to sell in a extremely tough football neighborhood with Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU within driving distance and the national programs basically operating in state. I think Dave Arranda is probably the right guy, right pedigree and can help keep local players home. There's no reason Florida should ever be worse than a 4 loss team in a terrible year.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

Didn't Ed O try and fuck a boosters wife at a gas station or something.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Florida is a tough job. Lots of other schools have a lot of success recruiting in the state. Plus the Fanbase/alumni/boosters remember the Spurrier and Meyer days but forget about all the time before, after, and in between. With HR running the whole country right now, especially at universities.... the Miami model of recruiting and transferring in criminals and psychopaths doesn't work anymore so quick turnarounds are tough. Way too much oversight. What does Florida have left to sell in a extremely tough football neighborhood with Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU within driving distance and the national programs basically operating in state. I think Dave Arranda is probably the right guy, right pedigree and can help keep local players home. There's no reason Florida should ever be worse than a 4 loss team in a terrible year.
Dave's a defense guy. Florida fans are obsessed with offense, especially passing. The fanbase so far seems to want Lane Kiffin or Billy Napier.