Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
tl;dr for everyone else (I read it several times)

First line:
WTF u takbao, tardbitchcuck? u 2 dum 4 lrn 2 abc's?

Paragraphs and images:
Here is my precise answer to exactly the question you asked, Sharkbiscuit, along with helpful graphical examples. Good day to you, sir.
Defi structured trading produced yields that enticed the kool aide crowd , the implosion is the unwinding or liquidations . The crypto crowd is getting a taste of the ex Wall Streets scientist s that caused the financial collapse .

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Have you met CaCa? he loves a good “I told you so” more than Random Guy loves a good “Goodbye Thread” and more than Drainer loves a good pegging.

Quit your politically and personally obsessed name calling tink. The thread is about bitcoin.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
If people were doing the same things with stocks, a lot of it would be illegal.

Trust me, the law has taken note. But all they will be able to do--if they do anything- is prosecute some people. That won't help investors recoup their money.

Cryptos are the wild west--no assets backing them, no controls, no rules. That's what the crypto industry wanted--no silly banking and governmental regulations. Crypto thefts and other frauds are rampant. And then there is the absurd NTF rot; that's fraud/scam city on steroids.

Bitcoin could go to 5k and it wouldn't surprise me. It could go to 40k in two months and that wouldn't surprise me. It is a lemmings to the sea/greater fool investment.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Cryptos are the wild west--no assets backing them, no controls, no rules. That's what the crypto industry wanted--no silly banking and governmental regulations. Crypto thefts and other frauds are rampant. And then there is the absurd NTF rot; that's fraud/scam city on steroids.
Which is what makes all this so fvcking hilarious to watch... and an eventual failure.

When you have guys like Vitalik invoking the the FDIC as crypto "investors" get swindled and lose everything it's plainly obvious this whole thing is either headed towards centralization (as all uncentralized things tend to centralize in some way) or government regulation.

Bitcoin could go to 5k and it wouldn't surprise me. It could go to 40k in two months and that wouldn't surprise me. It is a lemmings to the sea/greater fool investment.
Correct.

The explosion of Bitcoin was pure getrichquick price chasing that turned it into a risk asset.

Most people couldn't actually explain why this thing that was nothing was priced as much as it was.

There aren't as many new suckers to buy in now, nor will there be in the future, because the novelty has run its course and most have jumped ship. They won't be getting back on the boat.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
crypto now...

1655678043431.png

its gonna get worse before it gets better, but in the end, humanity's irrational obsession with digital tech will drive crypto to victory

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
was that ever in doubt?
It's very doubtful.

Because

a) the tendency of all things to centralize
b) it's now viewed as a speculative risk asset because that's what it became, regardless of intention
c) fraud - guys like Mashinsky should be going to jail but won't be due to lack of regulation thus making it much riskier (decentralized and unregulated:D)
d) ESG
e) Central banks do not like competing currencies and ultimately will take some sort of action

Crypto will "win" but it will look nothing like the crypto that was envisioned.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
It's very doubtful.

Because

a) the tendency of all things to centralize
b) it's now viewed as a speculative risk asset because that's what it became, regardless of intention
c) fraud - guys like Mashinsky should be going to jail but won't be due to lack of regulation thus making it much riskier (decentralized and unregulated:D)
d) ESG
e) Central banks do not like competing currencies and ultimately will take some sort of action

Crypto will "win" but it will look nothing like the crypto that was envisioned.
so we agree: crypto is not in doubt, but is in fact inevitable.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Yes.

Everyone will have an account at the Fed or Treasury and the government will have immediate access to view your transactions.

EDIT: Important to note - it will in some way be issued or sharply regulated by the Fed.
So if I live outside of the US - the federal reserve of the united states will have access to my what?

i'm not sure that you understand how either the tech or the regulation work

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So if I live outside of the US - the federal reserve of the united states will have access to my what?
You'll have to open an account at the Fed or Treasury to use CBDC and they will then have direct access to your records in some form as does your bank at the moment. Or some variation of this.

i'm not sure that you understand how either the tech or the regulation work
I very much do understand how it works.

I don't think you understand how it works is going to change - either via the those those involved directly in crypto or via the government.

The crypto libertarian fantasy is just that - a fantasy.

The very definition of crypto will have to change in order for it to grow broad acceptance and usage.

Especially after the "first impression" crypto offered the world as a risk asset.

And first impressions are everything.