Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Reminder: Still time to get into the Coinbase sweepstakes. They are giving away a lot of money in USDC coins. No purchase necessary. Somebody has to win, why not take a shot?

Sweepstakes

Rules
I'm in and finally pulled the trigger on some FIL. Thanks for the tip (on the sweepstakes, not the FIL :)) If I win ima go on a surf trip to https://www.bitcoinbeach.com/

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
GYEN went live earlier today on CB Pro. Watch for regular coinbase listing tomorrow or following days. Usually the .com listing goes bigger than the Pro listing on these mega cheap coins ($0.014)

GYEN did 80% today after going live on CB Pro.

GYEN Japanese stablecoin pegged to the Yen. And yet it's not stable in price. Go figure.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Literally my entire portfolio (well, most of my holdings) is in the red by 5% or more in the last few hours, but I can’t keep buying like a degenerate. There are irresistible dips all over the place right now

Reactions: $kully

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Bitcoin is dropping the market right now. Be patient as we might see mid to low 50s for BTC again, which would reset ALT prices again. Could take a week to get there, or we could be there by tomorrow. Depends on how the institutions want to play this.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Bitcoin is dropping the market right now. Be patient as we might see mid to low 50s for BTC again, which would reset ALT prices again. Could take a week to get there, or we could be there by tomorrow. Depends on how the institutions want to play this.
This is likely due to some unease tied to the infrastructure bill combined with a lot of late to the party noobs not understanding what they bought into and getting cold feet. The rest of us will just sit on our hands and wait patiently and if nothing else BTFD.

• Haha

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
This is likely due to some unease tied to the infrastructure bill combined with a lot of late to the party noobs not understanding what they bought into and getting cold feet. The rest of us will just sit on our hands and wait patiently and if nothing else BTFD.
yeah right, you'll paper hand and buy back in when it hits 100k. whales dump on the market repeatedly when the leverage is high, time and time again. FUD is like watching the TV news, pay it no attention and you'll be far better off

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
yeah right, you'll paper hand and buy back in when it hits 100k. whales dump on the market repeatedly when the leverage is high, time and time again. FUD is like watching the TV news, pay it no attention and you'll be far better off
^This. I don't pay attention to news that much except the good news that can pump a coin like partnerships and listings. I do pay attention to leverage

And as LoM stated, the exchanges and institutions like to knock out leveraged trades before real moves happen. When too many people are leveraged, they'll push their market in the opposite direction to liquidate them. When enough are liquidated, guess who is waiting to buy the bottom and push it back up? Same game every time.

Many metrics websites report all kinds of interesting info, although too deep for most, such as funding, long/short ratio, etc. These metrics tell a better story. Coinglass (formerly bybit) has a lot of good metrics. So does Binance although I don't trust theirs as much.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
:roflmao: Some dude named Craig Wright and his Florida buddy David Kleiman are Satoshi Nakamoto. :roflmao:

So David died and Craig doesn't want to give half a million bitcoins (They formed a partnership called W&K Info Defense Research in FL) to the deceased's family.

Even Bitcoins corrupt minds.

What a shame...but no wonder they came up with the name Satoshi Nakamoto.

This is all being played out in court right now. Leave it to Florida to prove who is/are Satoshi Nakamoto.

• Haha
Reactions: bird.LA

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
^This. I don't pay attention to news that much except the good news that can pump a coin like partnerships and listings. I do pay attention to leverage

And as LoM stated, the exchanges and institutions like to knock out leveraged trades before real moves happen. When too many people are leveraged, they'll push their market in the opposite direction to liquidate them. When enough are liquidated, guess who is waiting to buy the bottom and push it back up? Same game every time.

Many metrics websites report all kinds of interesting info, although too deep for most, such as funding, long/short ratio, etc. These metrics tell a better story. Coinglass (formerly bybit) has a lot of good metrics. So does Binance although I don't trust theirs as much.

leveraged longs @ all time highs show just how greedy people have become.

Sit tight.

This will all blow over sooner rather than later.

• Haha