Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This is a textwall of CEO gibberish. He's probably lying about something:
it is admittedly bureaucratese, but that creates a wide swath of opportunity in the US financial markets for some of the crypto ecosysten
Does it create a wide swath of opportunity in the US financial markets for some of the crypto ecosystem?

Or does it create a wide swath of opportunity in the crypto ecosystem for some of the US financial markets?

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Google Bollinger bands, google chart for cryptocurrency, think critically.

(I don't know, but to paraphrase the minstrel Snoop Canine, "Da Game Is 2 Be Sold, Not Told")

Get authenticator up on old phone so I can actually log into Coinbase/Kraken and see what the subset of house money I left in Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Bitcoin Cash, plus dollar cash on the exchanges, are worth.
i just checked my index of cryptos. still have some monero.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
this is a big deal:

this is just PR fluff

Banks can't even properly conduct KYC, KYCC, UBO tasks within the existing payments space. Plus OFAC and CTR reporting creates an operational nightmare for the back office trying to identify structuring, smurfing, washing and elder abuse inorder to support the stupid patriot act. How financial institutions are going to be able to do that in the bit coin world as well as track and provide all the data the IRS, Treasury and FINCEN will want from them. You have no idea how many payments get held up for days if not weeks due to false positives and how many CTR suspicious activity reports get sent to FINCEN daily as well as all kinds of private customer financial activity data a government agency can just take from an FI.

Hell the OCC won't even let us bank and provide payment services to legal marijuana businesses if not hemp and CBD businesses. But it's okay for virtual currencies? Can't even imagine the web of rules they are going to concoct. They can't even get a federated ID established nation wide to support global online activities.

when everything settles in real time how will people deal with that as the fraudsters are waiting on the sidelines. Block chain definitely has its benefits especially with contracts but it's the wild west with this currency market. The current market speculation tells you its about to explode/crash and then get super regulated and locked down by multiple agencies.That why all the big boys, chase, citi, bofa are already developed their own virtual currency versions so they are ready when the government finally steps in and asks then to take over as trusted agents. Its coming

Reactions: Mr Doof and Aruka

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
this is just PR fluff

Banks can't even properly conduct KYC, KYCC, UBO tasks within the existing payments space. Plus OFAC and CTR reporting creates an operational nightmare for the back office trying to identify structuring, smurfing, washing and elder abuse inorder to support the stupid patriot act. How financial institutions are going to be able to do that in the bit coin world as well as track and provide all the data the IRS, Treasury and FINCEN will want from them. You have no idea how many payments get held up for days if not weeks due to false positives and how many CTR suspicious activity reports get sent to FINCEN daily as well as all kinds of private customer financial activity data a government agency can just take from an FI.

Hell the OCC won't even let us bank and provide payment services to legal marijuana businesses if not hemp and CBD businesses. But it's okay for virtual currencies? Can't even imagine the web of rules they are going to concoct. They can't even get a federated ID established nation wide to support global online activities.

when everything settles in real time how will people deal with that as the fraudsters are waiting on the sidelines. Block chain definitely has its benefits especially with contracts but it's the wild west with this currency market. The current market speculation tells you its about to explode/crash and then get super regulated and locked down by multiple agencies.That why all the big boys, chase, citi, bofa are already developed their own virtual currency versions so they are ready when the government finally steps in and asks then to take over as trusted agents. Its coming
I think it is a bit more than PR fluff. It isn't a no hold barred edict, but they are giving banks the ability to play in the space. I have a smidgen of an idea how the payment space works, but obviously not the depth you do.

FinCEN are proposing some pretty strict for crypto, but vanilla for banking guidelines, so the environment isn't settled and I'd agree there will be fraud..

You down with OCC, yeah you know me

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
bet all the gold mongers are starting to get worried about their hidden buried stashes of possibly worthless metal

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
...ico's lol

Don't FOMO guys, this sh!t easily could have went back to zero. It's weird and people use it for shady sh!t. Yes, it moonshot to 33K but it could also be illegalized at some point by the IRS/Gov. I've spent $10K investing in 5 different ICO launches. None of them have made me money. One has broken even. 4 don't even have websites any more. It's gambling with nerds at the steering wheel.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1 and Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think it is a bit more than PR fluff. It isn't a no hold barred edict, but they are giving banks the ability to play in the space. I have a smidgen of an idea how the payment space works, but obviously not the depth you do.

FinCEN are proposing some pretty strict for crypto, but vanilla for banking guidelines, so the environment isn't settled and I'd agree there will be fraud..

Seems like they're using the coins for their blockchain rather than as a currency. The blockchain is just another form of ledger. IDK. Uncle Oneula used a lot of technical words I don't understand.

...ico's lol
Hey guys get in on the ground floor of my new coin offering and GET RICH QUICK!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
sitting down with your folks to discuss (financial) elder abuse scams is nearly
as important as sitting down with your kids to cover the birds and bees

my poor auntie got rolled...

a very common vector is computer based scams....computer lock, virus, malware

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
bet all the gold mongers are starting to get worried about their hidden buried stashes of possibly worthless metal
If that happens, gold becoming less of a currency hedge, its industrial use will skyrocket. Gold has some really great properties in the electronics field and is relatively non-reactive. In time, industrial use of gold would stabilize the price.

Kinda like how copper became too useful to be used for currency (copper plated zinc pennies anyone).

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Wow what crazy few days its been! Woke up today and was pleasantly surprised

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My guess: slowly creeps to $42-$45K, maybe even $47K, then drops quickly to $24K and stays there for years.

I have no money in BTC, only LTC, ETH and small alt coins.

Reactions: Yewstreet

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
It will be an interesting few months. Will people lose confidence in USD and turn to bitcoin? Or will they opt for other assets?

Either way, pretty entertaining for me to follow on a day to day basis

Reactions: racer1

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
sitting down with your folks to discuss (financial) elder abuse scams is nearly
as important as sitting down with your kids to cover the birds and bees

my poor auntie got rolled...

a very common vector is computer based scams....computer lock, virus, malware
This X 1,000,000,000

We had a battle with my Dad over this sh!t. He got scammed twice with a computer / gift card scam that resulted in a loss of a $5K or so. Could have been worse. It was really sad. He kept answering their calls trying to get them to admit they scammed him and they would just roll with it and try a new angle. We finally convinced him to change his ph# and to turn over financial control to my sister and me. Dealing with elder parents is harder than dealing with 20 YO kids.
Make sure your parents finances are on lock down, check their phone logs and make sure their assets are in a trust.

Reactions: Aruka

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It will be an interesting few months. Will people lose confidence in USD and turn to bitcoin? Or will they opt for other assets?

Either way, pretty entertaining for me to follow on a day to day basis
Probably this decade:
1610074570037.png

People in a lot of countries still use gold, hacksilver, and jewels.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
a good friend of mine sold his bitcoin today. he's buying more property in cabo.

i asked him if he'd build me a guest house since I was the one who turned him on to crypto however many years ago.

oh definitely, he said.

really?!

he laughed. no, you idiot.

i'm driving to cabo in a few days just so I can drop in on him.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
For those of you who are selling/have sold - what's your offramp off choice?