Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Wew lads for most of the morning I was pissed I didn't sell late Saturday night.

Looks like there is some support around $30k.

Will it hold so I can hodl?
No idea if this will hold. Depends on where institutions are going to buy again. My guess is this bounce is just feeding into the whales who will continuing dumping. But if JP Morgan and company come strong, we will go back up.

ETC just had a 40% bounce. This volatility is to be embraced. lol

https://whalemap.io/charts

Reactions: Yewstreet

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No idea if this will hold. Depends on where institutions are going to buy again. My guess is this bounce is just feeding into the whales who will continuing dumping. But if JP Morgan and company come strong, we will go back up.

ETC just had a 40% bounce. This volatility is to be embraced. lol

https://whalemap.io/charts
Okay if whales are dumping that means we're headed back to $5k or some sh!t

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
To invest in bitcoin and play the game a little, brave. To hold that shlt over the weekend with this kind of volatility? You crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
To invest in bitcoin and play the game a little, brave. To hold that shlt over the weekend with this kind of volatility? You crazy.
The problem for most people is that they go all-in at some point, and don't leave themselves any money to buy the dips. Or, they are so panicked on the drops, they can't imagine putting more money in the game. This is a losing strategy.

The winning strategy for most is to just accumulate and hodl. When market dips, buy more every 30% drop from the top, no matter what. This would give you 3x buy points on the way down in a dropping market. Buys at 30%, 60%, and 90% from the top. These numbers are adjustable of course. Some do it every 15% or 10%. Whatever works for you.

Look up 'dollar cost averaging strategy'.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
If someone makes money illegally (currently illegal but legal in some states not hurting anybody) and gets paid in crypto, is there a way to move it through binance before going to a wallet to make it look like it was crypto trading gains on binance to IRS?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The problem for most people is that they go all-in at some point, and don't leave themselves any money to buy the dips. Or, they are so panicked on the drops, they can't imagine putting more money in the game. This is a losing strategy.

The winning strategy for most is to just accumulate and hodl. When market dips, buy more every 30% drop from the top, no matter what. This would give you 3x buy points on the way down in a dropping market. Buys at 30%, 60%, and 90% from the top. These numbers are adjustable of course. Some do it every 15% or 10%. Whatever works for you.

Look up 'dollar cost averaging strategy'.
I didn't know cryptocurrency trading doesn't open or close :LOL:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If someone makes money illegally (currently illegal but legal in some states not hurting anybody) and gets paid in crypto, is there a way to move it through binance before going to a wallet to make it look like it was crypto trading gains on binance to IRS?
Nope. Best hope is to move to an offshore exchange, convert to monero, then split the proceeds between me and Doof's crypto wallets. Stand by for info and thank me later.

Edit: racer1 there's probably a way to transfer crypto into binance from another exchange. Maybe pick one that isn't in the US, and pick an exchange that went belly up in a plausible timeframe. Hypothetically in minecraft such that I am not an accessory to criminal conspiracy in the real world.

Also I would like to start guessing what this is. Figure, bit of a realist, surfs V-Land.....I personally like online betting on cockfights.

The death of the rooster racer1 wisely bet against didn't "hurt anybody" (as long as gamecocks aren't post-humously granted person-hood) it represented an eco-friendly and ethical up-cycling of a fully depreciated asset!

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I didn't know cryptocurrency trading doesn't open or close :LOL:
Crypto never sleeps. It's worldwide, across 100+ exchanges. 24/7/365. Only crypto futures have open/close markets.

The three major markets for crypto are Asia, UK, and US. This means, while you're sleeping, it could be pumping or dumping. So it's important to know when those financial markets open.

China opens at 8.30am
(4:30pm in California)

UK opens at 8am
(12am for California)

A lot of moves seem to happen around 5pm our time, when Asia is getting started. I also look for potential dumps around 12-1am from the UK bears who love to dump more than 50% of the time for some reason.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Nope. Best hope is to move to an offshore exchange, convert to monero, then split the proceeds between me and Doof's crypto wallets. Stand by for info and thank me later.

Edit: racer1 there's probably a way to transfer crypto into binance from another exchange. Maybe pick one that isn't in the US, and pick an exchange that went belly up in a plausible timeframe. Hypothetically in minecraft such that I am not an accessory to criminal conspiracy in the real world.

Also I would like to start guessing what this is. Figure, bit of a realist, surfs V-Land.....I personally like online betting on cockfights.

The death of the rooster racer1 wisely bet against didn't "hurt anybody" (as long as gamecocks aren't post-humously granted person-hood) it represented an eco-friendly and ethical up-cycling of a fully depreciated asset!
Haha nope not chicken fighting, but it is sports betting. I have a few systems that pay out slowly over time, this ain't no get rich quick chit. Also, I've found some Euro soccer forums with guys who hit 60-70% win rates over a whole season. Again, slow money, but in the positive every month. Been depositing from book to my wallet and paying for work stuff with it. Getting to the point I'll have to make a bank deposit. Or could get a crypto debit card?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
that's considered washing by FINCEN

Anytime, anything illegal is tried to make legal by moving things around financially, that's considered a wash so be careful.
FICEN will come for everything depending on the value once they figure things out.
never put anything in writing electronically or on the internet it can all be retrieved later if needed

Treasury agents and IRS lawyers are not people to take lightly.
They are almost psychotic once they are involved.
Auditors are way more friendly and helpful.

• Dislike
Reactions: racer1
Jul 22, 2020
California Woodside
Don't really think anyone could have predicted such an incredible growth. I mean, the peek of bitcoin has been 40.000 bucks! That is just insane. However I really think you have to wait a bit in case you are looking forward to buy bitcoin right now. I think, when it will drop down to 22.000, after the price correction, it will be a perfect timing for you to buy bitcoin.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Friend told me about an article about a guy who bought about $7K worth of it at the beginning, now it's worth $200M, and he has tried 8/10 password tries to unlock it, so far unsuccessfully. 2 more tries!