Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
any IT guys here?

Has to be an inside jobber right? Surely the gov accounts use very complex passwords and trained on pfishing?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
At the time the hacker posted that SEC tweet ...

If they opened a 100x position right before the tweet and sold the top of the 15m candle when it closed green, it went up 2.7%.

Let's assume 2.5% on 100x so that's 250% gain in 5m. Probably minimum slippage from high liquidity asset, so let's assume 230% on the play, if they had a six or seven figure position.

I'm going to guess they went long.

1704837124188.png

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Last edited:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Would have been better to short it and tweet that the ETF got rejected. Bigger candle.
right, knowing that the tweet would be corrected pretty quickly.

Wondering now if the SEC account was actually compromised or if maybe someone just scheduled a tweet incorrectly.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
the sim swap attack vector could be closed by cell providers but that would cost them a tiny little bit of money so fuck that sh!t

my wife lost her biz phone on a road trip a year ago so I wiped my personal phone, walked into a Verizon store, and requested a replacement sim for her and slapped it in my phone

the only identity verification they did was to ask her name and phone number - no pin, no photo ID.

it's just that easy to take over someones phone number

keep this in mind if you are using SMS as your second factor in 2FA

there are better options

I hate to promote Google given their abysmal track record on suppression of free speech but their authenticator product is another option that is widely supported. probably best bet in this space.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Bloomberg claiming SEC BTC ETF announce between 4pm-6pm this evening.

BTC weekly chart, just exploring different ideas. Trying to see what makes sense. We're at serious resistance now, where previously it rejected hard all the way to sub 20k.

We've got ETF approvals imminent, today. A "sell the news" event? Perhaps. I'll be looking for short opportunities AFTER the news gets posted from the official SEC gov twit account. You know ... a 'trusted' source. :roflmao:

We've also got tax season and it's debatable whether or not that has any affect on the market, but we've seen some mid January sell offs before. See Jan 2021 and Jan 2022.

1704897382551.png

Reactions: bird.LA

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001

BTC weekly chart, just exploring different ideas. Trying to see what makes sense. We're at serious resistance now, where previously it rejected hard all the way to sub 20k.

We've got ETF approvals imminent, today. A "sell the news" event? Perhaps. I'll be looking for short opportunities AFTER the news gets posted from the official SEC gov twit account. You know ... a 'trusted' source. :roflmao:

We've also got tax season and it's debatable whether or not that has any affect on the market, but we've seen some mid January sell offs before. See Jan 2021 and Jan 2022.

View attachment 170243
rollercoaster.jpg

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
the sim swap attack vector could be closed by cell providers but that would cost them a tiny little bit of money so fuck that sh!t

my wife lost her biz phone on a road trip a year ago so I wiped my personal phone, walked into a Verizon store, and requested a replacement sim for her and slapped it in my phone

the only identity verification they did was to ask her name and phone number - no pin, no photo ID.

it's just that easy to take over someones phone number

keep this in mind if you are using SMS as your second factor in 2FA

there are better options

I hate to promote Google given their abysmal track record on suppression of free speech but their authenticator product is another option that is widely supported. probably best bet in this space.

Careful with Authy.

When I went to the US last September I bought a AT&T chip to use during the trip. When I got back and switched back to my previous chip, the Authy app bugged out believing I was on a new phone number... BUT IT WAS STILL THE SAME ONE!! So it basically locked me out. It wouldn't let me access my authentications because it believes I'm on a new phone number, and it wouldn't let me create a new account because there is already an account with my phone number.

That's a piece of sh!t app. Use Google Authenticator instead 100%.

• Wow
Reactions: crustBrother

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA

View attachment 170243
I don't think we go under $35K. Anything below $40K a buy.

Market attention shifting to ETH tho.

Reactions: racer1

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I don't think we go under $35K. Anything below $40K a buy.

Market attention shifting to ETH tho.
I've got 31k-ish as new base but yah, seems like sub 30k days might be over. Too much attention from big players now.

ETH interesting. It hasn't done sh!t this cycle. No big pump, but Vitalik released a new roadmap a while back.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I've got 31k-ish as new base but yah, seems like sub 30k days might be over. Too much attention from big players now.

ETH interesting. It hasn't done sh!t this cycle. No big pump, but Vitalik released a new roadmap a while back.
ETH ETF + restaking + rollup narratives

Reactions: r32