Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Apparently the merge was a 'sell the news' event. Or, maybe we were going back down already and merge had no effect.

DXY is having some wild swings and looks drunk.
Stock market dropping.
NASDAQ wild swings.
BTC taking dump and dragging ALTs into the abyss again.

As expected, good ALT setups destroyed by BTC move.

wong-fu-laptop.gif

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I have to disagree. It's Ethereum that's dumping and dragging everything down IMHO.
This is not refutable. The market does not follow ETH movements. BTC controls the market flow. If I had access to 1 second charts, I would show you. BTC moves first. Rest of market follows in it's turbulence.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This is not refutable. The market does not follow ETH movements. BTC controls the market flow. If I had access to 1 second charts, I would show you. BTC moves first. Rest of market follows in it's turbulence.
Maybe it's the SP&500 dragging everything down?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Maybe it's the SP&500 dragging everything down?
The general consensus is BTC is inverse correlated with DXY.

When DXY goes up, BTC goes down, in general. Below chart illustrates this.

BTC 5 minute chart with DXY (US Dollar Index) in yellow. Note DXY started making a strong move up, and a few minutes later, BTC started making a strong move down. A day trader watching the DXY chart would have sold his/her/their/non-binary/dildo/it/thing crypto as soon as DXY started pumping.

1663254459833.png

Last edited:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Is it ETHW now?
no

ETHW will likely come into existence sometime very soon as a group of miners are planning on sticking to the old PoW protocol and thus forking the chain

EDIT - good FAQ on ETHW

looks like their testnet is already up and running and mainnet should come online tonight

Last edited:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
this is just my hot take, so if you're worried about something, you should do additional research, but...

the ETHW team can't "steal" anything from ETH

by refusing to participate in the merge, they are effectively creating a new coin ETHW based on a completely separate blockchain from ETH moving forward

similar things have happened with BTC over the years

people who held ETH prior to the merge and fast following ETHW fork will likely (like 99.99% likely) also end up holding ETHW since the genesis of ETHW is a copy of the current ETH chain.

ETHW will likely be worth a small fraction of ETH on exchange since all the exchanges and major ERC20 tokens like USDC have committed to supporting the merge (ie the *new* ETH chain with its PoS validation protocol)

ETHW could wind up being worth nothing if the major exchanges look at it and decide not to list it

my interest in ETHW is purely technical (i'm a software pro and crypto geek)

from a financial perspective, as an ETH hodlr, i don't really give much of a sh!t what happens on ETHW

Last edited:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
this is just my hot take, so if you're worried about something, you should do additional research, but...

the ETHW team can't "steal" anything from ETH

by refusing to participate in the merge, they are effectively creating a new coin ETHW based on a completely separate blockchain from ETH moving forward

similar things have happened with BTC over the years

people who held ETH prior to the merge and fast following ETHW fork will likely (like 99.99% likely) also end up holding ETHW since the genesis of ETHW is a copy of the current ETH chain.

ETHW will likely be worth a small fraction of ETH on exchange since all the exchanges and major ERC20 tokens like USDC have committed to supporting the merge (ie the *new* ETH chain with its PoS validation protocol)

ETHW could wind up being worth nothing if the major exchanges look at it and decide not to list it

my interest in ETHW is purely technical (i'm a software pro and crypto geek)

from a financial perspective, as an ETH hodlr, i don't really give much of a sh!t what happens on ETHW
This is largely how I understood things, was unclear on the 'stealing' comment. will keep looking

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m holding my little fetch dabble. feelin kinda cute, idk , Might buy a bit more

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
And just like that...

... I'm into it

1663292878398.png

let me know when you ditch this ride, @Subway , @r32 !

EDIT - oh, wait, this looks like that frisbee. somethin you gotta keep an eye on. timing. down to the hour and minute maybe. perhaps it is time for me to evolve in this space

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Subway