Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Do you think it’s worth buying $1000 ETH right this minute (9:09 eastern) just for chits and giggles? To be a “part of it?”

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Do you think it’s worth buying $1000 ETH right this minute (9:09 eastern) just for chits and giggles? To be a “part of it?”
I don't gaf about being part of anything. Not a good strategy I would say. :)

But damn this market is bonkers. Scam pumps, scam dumps, and everything in between. Some think 10k bottom coming, others say we at bottom now and merge is the bottom signal. I have no idea wtf is going to happen.

Been scalping 5x plays all day in both directions. Currently holding FET for a 15-20% push (from current price) hopefully by tonight. Everything looking meh atm.

Merge happens in 5h give or take.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh you like fetch to make a move tonight?

I made a little scratch when fetch had its big moment in the sun during the bull market

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
When ETH forks after the merge tonight because of the miners that refuse to adopt POS and choose to stick with POW will I end up with my current balance on both chains? Seems like that's the way it would work. Seems like that happened to me with one of the BTC forks but I can't remember for sure.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
When ETH forks, will I end up with my current balance on both chains? Seems like that's the way it would work.
Investors will receive the same amount of the ‘forked’ token on the new proof-of-stake chain that they presently own in the proof-of-work chain in the case of a hard fork event.

Investors will then have an equal number of Ethereum tokens across two distinct Blockchains. But the old will be worthless since nobody will be using it.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Wait, it’s a merger AND there’s a “fork?” What a country!

my poor father is turning in his grave

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
But the old will be worthless since nobody will be using it.
I don't know. Lots of POW cult members out there and lots of miners with sunk cost in their rigs. It wouldn't surprise me to see ETHW trading on all the major exchanges at $100 a year from now.

Wait, it’s a merger AND there’s a “fork?” What a country!
I know, right?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I don't know. Lots of POW cult members out there and lots of miners with sunk cost in their rigs. It wouldn't surprise me to see ETHW trading on all the major exchanges at $100 a year from now.

I know, right?
@crustBrother
Rumor is a lot of miners are switching over to RVN, which consequently just finished off a big run.

Reactions: crustBrother

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Market in a confused drunken state. Everyone waiting for the merge to happen in about 2h. Exchanges also shut down ETH withdrawals/deposits for about 4 hours so they can do the necessary upgrades. So that's not helping.

Can't even scalp 2% right now it's so confused.